“Best Sit Down Food We've Had In NY”

Georgio's Country Grill
Ranked #359 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$15 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After spending a week searching for the best food in New York, we tried all the main spots. The good ones were local, specialty type shops and had good food. Georgio's is the first, nice sit down restaurant that we've really enjoyed. The service was spectacular. The price was not inflated. The food was great. My wife was disappointed that we only found it on our last day in the city. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a great meal in a good environment without the normal over-inflated prices. The milk shakes were just the icing on the cake! They aren't as fancy, but they taste better than Black Tap.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

We stayed at a hotel on 11th Avenue and decided to go for an American breakfast of
pancakes bacon and maple syrup. We also had a normal cooked breakfast.
Wow the place was great good coffee good food generous portions. Really pleased it got recommended.The staff were great an enjoyable start to the day.
Only sorry we didn't find it sooner

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Attentive staff. Rib eye steak to die for Sadly I could only eat half as I started with a very filling chicken noodle soup with veg. My wife had chicken which was 1 breast 2 wings and 2 legs!!
Heavy take away business none stop plus 2 delivery staff coming and going
We were given a voucher to obtain 10% discount if we paid by cash. We paid cash!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

The atmosphere is not fancy, but it feels like New York, with a substantial menu with many different options. My wife had a Cobb salad which looked like it had a full chicken breast. It was enormous and well prepared. I had one of their homemade soups, which was excellent and a Greek salad. Both very good. Everything was freshly made. The service was prompt and friendly and prices very reasonable.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

This place has the most amazing breads ; my favourite was the fruit one. My partner said it was best milk shake he has ever had and he's had a few. Plenty of choice so all my girls found something they wanted; we actually had trouble narrowing the extensive menu down. Can say the pasta was excellent; the filler mignon skewers were made with best meat; and the ribs were polished off even though the portion sizes are large. You won't leave hungry. This place was a real oasis of best ingredients properly cooked and wonderful combinations that really worked. The bill was surprisingly low so we felt that a generous tip was earnt. Happy to recommend to those who want good food at a good price and are trying to please various appetites.