“Amazing must see”

New York City Ballet (NYCB)
Ranked #54 of 1,196 things to do in New York City
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We went to see the NYC ballet performing the Nutcracker. It was amazing and so beautiful. I loved the amazing costumes and the orchestra was fantastic. The whole production was breathtaking. The dancers themselves were so graceful and truly talented.

2  Thank JamIT28
in 29 reviews
"orchestra"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Great repertoriie of Classical dancing of the highest quality. Peter Martins is the Ballet Master of NYCB has created more than 80 ballets and presents many ballets Choreographed by George Balanchine, Lincoln Kirstein and Jerrome Robbins. All dancers are of excellent quality. A Ballet lovers delight..

1  Thank Mermaid322
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is the best part about NYC. There are no fluffy tutus and tiaras here that everyone seems to be afraid of. I go here all the time and am amazed every time I go. Don't bother with any other New York dance groups. This is the only one to see. It's breathtaking. If at all possible try and see a ballet choreographed by George Balanchine. Seeing one in person changed my life. They perform almost every night and have a huge repertoire. If you can't make it on a Balanchine night, try and catch one by the artistic director, Peter Martins. He is very creative and has a great way of drawing people's interest outside of the ballet fanatics. For instance I first got my many of my Upper East Side friends to go when a ballet had costumes designed by Valentino. They are now all NYCB's biggest fans.

2  Thank clarast_berkshire
Reviewed 10 October 2013

When I lived in New York, for 33 years, I attended performances of the New York City Ballet on a regular basis. They never disappointed. Now that the former New York State Theater is named for David Koch, I would not set foot in the place. But I hope to catch the NYCB on tour somewhere close to my new home in Fort Lauderdale.

3  Thank Charles H