“Upscale Asian restaurant with a great bar and service”
Review of Nobu 57

Nobu 57
Reserve with OpenTable
Nobu 57 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 14,304 Restaurants in New York City
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 5th and 6th Avenues
Transit: F to 57th Street Station
Description: The first uptown New York location by legendary chef Nobu Matsuhisa, opened to much anticipation in the summer of 2005. Nobu's co-owners are his longtime partners: renowned restaurateur Drew Nieporent, Oscar-winning actor Robert De Niro, and producer Meir Teper. The restaurant showcases Nobu's signature New Style Japanese cuisine with classic dishes such as Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeno and Black Cod Miso, and new creations from the wood burning oven and the hibachi table.
Reviewed 20 December 2014

Sashimi plate with a selection of 4 types of fish was excellent. In fact we ordered an additional plate of just the fluke. Try the sakitini, very smooth, but be careful, will hit you hard after the second one. Our server Heather was excellent, and very well informed on each of the dishes.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,435)

Reviewed 18 December 2014

Let me start with our first moments in the restaurant...then I'll get to the tasty bits. After checking in with our party of 8 and as I started up the main staircase what do I see? None other than Sir Paul McCartney and his dinner guests passing us on the staircase! I managed to blurt out a friendly, "hello" before turning to my wide-eyed, open mouthed companions and mouthing a silent "Oh my God...it's Paul McCartney"! Of course none of us were quick enough with our phone cameras to snap a photo. Turns out that was the perfect start to a fabulous evening at Nobu 57! With various sushi experiences in our group I suggested we opt for the Omikase (tasting menu). The base level (around $100) was spectacular and provided an amazing tasting experience for all of my guests! The cocktail menu was extensive and we ended up sampling each other's drinks (was that bad?). The staff were amazing and I have to say it lived up to all the hype...not to mention it was within walking distance of my hotel (Le Parker Meridien)! The fish was excellent and fresh, and the presentation was creative and beautiful. Have I already mentioned the cocktails? Do, do go...you will not be disappointed! I highly recommend the tasting menu option, but there is a huge menu that will require many, many visits to get through. Nobu 57 is definitely on my short-list for amazing Manhattan dinner spots!

Reviewed 14 December 2014 via mobile

We were recommended Nobu on 57th by our taxi driver as the best Japanese in New York City and it did not disappoint. Everything from the service to the delicious food exceeded our greatest expectations. One of the best restaurants we've ever visited.

Reviewed 14 December 2014

We tried to get a reservation at Nobu 57. but could not get one so my wife & I did the next best thing, we ate dinner in the bar area. The bar area was packed, but even with that, our server, Collette, was outstanding. She was gracious & very effective serving a bunch of customers & maneuvering through the crowd. I started with one of the best known dishes, their yellowtail jalapeno which was delicate, tasty with a hint of heat from the small slice of jalapeno. We then got the shishito peppers which were very good & not hot at all. I then had some sashimi with sockeye salmon, salmon, kinmedai & fluke. The sashimi was very fresh & delicious. My wife is not a sushi fan so she some shrimp tempura & asparagus. Her tempura was very crispy & delicious. Was the food heads above over other high-quality Japanese restaurants? No, but it was very good & the service was crazy good.

Reviewed 9 December 2014

went to Nobu 57 for a business lunch and enjoyed the food very much..Everything tasted perfect and amazing. I had sushi and salad sumonomo and miso soup...my colleague had the bento box which looked amazing a great deal for the amount of food...dessert was amazing too. yum

I have been to Nobu in California but i had not been to the NYC 57 location. It was really good and worth the time to go . very nice crowd of people and buzz at lunchtime.

My lunch seemed perfect and the bill wasn't as bad as i expected for all the food we got..

I highly recommend Nobu 57