US$1,408
US$278
InterContinental
US$225
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$222
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$254/night.

US$320
US$309
Hyatt.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$347
US$267
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Avalon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$285
US$219
Agoda.com
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$165
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Sofitel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$231
Priceline
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$313/night.

Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$145
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$176/night.

Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$236
US$226
Otel.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 September 2010

The place was fantastic. A charming eccentric Victorian house with original features to wonder at. Jeremy welcomed us warmly to the house, making us feel right at home. Our room "Miles Room" has it's own kitchen, kingsize bed and arm chairs to relax in after a hard days exploring.

Our room was road facing so it saw a little traffic, but you're staying in the "city that never sleeps" so don't expect country silence. It was cleaned impeccably everyday and Bernadette was fantastic!

Location Wise: So it's a tube journey from the center of Manhattan to Harlem but as Londoners we found this easy! As far as Harlem's reputation goes, we actually found it to be fine. It's a lot like Hackney with; beautiful architecture, a gospel choir and a diverse culture. Strolling back after the Yankees game at 10pm didn't worry us.

It beats any chain hotel hands down!

Reviewed 1 September 2010

I wasn't sure about staying at the "other" Sugar Hill which is six bloxks away from the main house, but it was an absolute joy. It seemed as if we had the place to ourselves. We stayed in Dizzy's Room on the top floor. As some one who does do steps on a normal basis, i thought this would put me off. It didn't. Their is a full kitchen available for use. Our room had a king size bed and a futon so it could have easily slept four. The bathroom had an old claw foot tub. I didn't get a chance to try it out but I will on my next visit. Their is a computer and printer available at no charge to use. Breakfast is at the main house but you could make your own and save a few $$. The neighborhood was quiet. My friend and I went to St Nick Jazz Pub ( about 1 1/2 blocks away) and returned to the BnB around 3 am. No one bothered us. It is one block from the subway. The express train is 3 stops from Mid Town. We did have to catch a cab from the Theater District and it only ran us $20. I sprained my foot and ankle in Times Square so the subway was definitely out.

Jeremy the owner is very knowledge about the area and things to do. I loved this BnB and would definetly make reservations to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Sugar Hill was a great place for my husband and I to stay, while visiting our daughter for her surprise 30th birthday weekend. We stayed in Josephine room on 3rd floor, Need to be able to do stairs (no problem for us) Jeremy was very welcoming and helpful in terms of directions, and local info. Accommodation was VERY comfortable. Beautifully appointed room. Interesting books, Hi fi worked great. Full kitchen, lovely bathroom. Great breakfast, cozy courtyard garden. Much prefer this type of accommodation to a hotel room. All information given on line was accurate and helpful. Fun to be part of the neighbourhood and away from the Times Square craziness. Very close to transportation. Safe area to walk in at night. Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 16 August 2010

We enjoyed our stay very much. Our room was clean and very spacious and decorated in great colours with a fun atmosphere. Great bedding and towels! The apartment was very clean and had everything you would need. The 8:30 breakfast didn't work out for us as we were rushing to get to some attractions so we missed out on the Spanish tarts and other great sounding foods served. The coffee was great! The people (Jeremy and Bernadette) are also very nice and helpful. The negative was it was far away from the center of NY. We found the commute too long to be able to zip back to the room before dinner or drop off packages, etc. We took the subway all the time and bought the $8.25 day pass - which we highly recommend if you want to save some $. The ride was at least 1/2 hr from Time Square. Cab rides were $20-$25 which starts to add up. The neighbourhood was safe although we didn't take the subway back at night. We left the car on the street (free!) which worked out for us and saved on the expensive midtown parking of NY.

Reviewed 14 August 2010

My son who lives nearby in Harlem was getting married, so a year ahead of time I scouted out accommodations. When I visited Sugar Hill Harlem Inn, I found the innkeeper strange and a bit rude, but the rooms looked like just what we wanted. I read the mixed reviews, but hoped for the best. In January I made a week’s reservation for August.

Three weeks beforehand, I noticed our rooms were still listed as available, but when I asked, he said he had our reservation.

Then four days before we were to begin our stay (seven months after the reservation had been made and a week before the wedding), the owner notified us that he had booked someone else in our room for the weekend and week following, and that we would stay at his place for our first four days and try to make a reservation with another B&B, which he thought we could move to on the morning of our son’s wedding. He was adamant that he could have done nothing else than to give our rooms away to the other family who had just called.

That night we got on the phone and quickly booked rooms elsewhere. The next day, having evidently rethought his position, he started calling us, but we let him know we had other plans and were canceling our entire reservation. Only at that point did he apologize.

We were astounded. We’ve stayed in B&B’s all over the U.S. and Europe and had never encountered such unprofessionalism. I know now I should have listened to my first instinct.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Trisha18
lordflea3, Owner at Candy Hill Harlem, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2010

Trica canceled part of her reservation 2 weeks before arrival. I found someone else to take the canceled part of the reservation, but it meant that she would loose 2 nights of her reservation. So I found another B&B in the area to accommodate her for the same price, saving her money since she would have had to pay me some of the money for the canceled part of the reservation anyway. I thought I was doing her a favor but she was quite upset so I told her I would work out a solution and call her the next day which I did, but she had found something else.