“We ate here every day!”
Review of Red Farm

Red Farm
Ranked #257 of 14,660 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Exceptional! Definitely not standard Chinese. This was a delightful spot. Ate here for lunch with kids, dinner with my adult daughter and then ordered take out to eat in our room at Nylo. It is expensive, but worth the price. Definitely not a fried rice joint. The bar menu is super- highly recommend the Shisho Wonderful. If you get there and there is a wait, the bar is lively and the bar staff is super fast. For food, some of our favorites were the mussels with okra, pastrami egg roll, ALL the dumplings are lovely, the specials are fantastic. My daughter said her crispy duck and noodles was the best she had ever eaten and she is a duck and noodle fiend. Still dreaming about those shrimp with lobster sauce. Steak fried rice is perfect for kids. The atmosphere is unexpected- country cool. It is really a wonderful place and we are planning to return in a few months for another food fest- determined to try the whole menu. We are spoiled with Peter Chang in our home town, but Red Farm is as good and a whole lot of fun- love it, love it!

Reviewed 16 March 2017

What a great meal we had here! Excellent service where all servers seemed high energy and interested in what they do. Try the nonalcoholic drinks like the home-made ginger ale or Thai basil lemonade as they are superb. We had ribs (fantastic!), spring rolls both vegetarian and Katz pastrami, shrimp & chicken dumplings, crispy duck, mussels, and super bacon & egg fried rice. Also hot & sour soup. It was a lot of food and we had leftovers to take home. They don't take reservations but it would be worth the wait. We go there at 5:30 pm so we got right in. This is a meal we will remember for a long time because everything about it was A++++.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

Overpriced for Chinese food. It was good but I think the jumbo shrimp with lobster sauce was different than what I expected for lobster sauce. It would've had more stars if the service was better. I felt ignored and waited for the main entrée for almost 45 mins to an hour. When it came time to pay the bill, the waiter asked if I wanted change. Of course I said yes and he kept $5 back for his tip and gave me the other $5. That's not how it works.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

I have walked by many times and finally decided to try Red Farm. I sat at the bar while I waited for my take out order. Other diners were ordering 3 small plates and everything looked delicious. I ordered the beef with fried rice. This is not your typical fried rice. It was crunchy with pea pods and other goodies. It was still hot when I got it home. The only problem was the cost $22.00. With tax and tip it was an expensive lunch. Would also be great for after concerts at the Beacon theatre/

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Good location, great food. Atmosphere nice. Adds up but i feel I need to go back because there were so many things on the menu I want to try.