US$268
US$149
Staybridge.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$230/night.

Sofitel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$219
Sofitel
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$299/night.

Avalon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$155
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$215/night.

Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$269
US$259
Hyatt.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$125
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 50% below average rates

The price you found is 50% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$252/night.

US$242
US$199
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$267/night.

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$114
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$116
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$125
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$173/night.

All reviewsworking fireplaceeast villagegas fireplacearound the cornerstove topgreat place to stayexcellent locationbrownstonefurnitureheatingmanhattan
Reviewed 9 November 2009

I've stayed in several hotels in NYC and I will never stay anywhere else but the Lafayette House ever again! It's a beautiful hotel in a great location. I was traveling with two teenages and our room had a queen sized bed and they brought in a very comfortable air mattress. The room is very large for a NYC hotel room (sitting room with fireplace was gorgeous) and the bathroom was quite nice and well outfitted. If you want to stay in a place that is more like living in a NYC neighborhood than a box hotel --- this is your kind of place!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2009

If you want a concierge telling you where to go, and hot and cold running lattes and a spa with an in-house masseuse, this isn't the place for you. But if you like the privacy and peace of being in a real house, sleeping in a huge room (suite-sized, really), right smack bang in Noho just a stroll from Soho and Nolita and the LES and the West Village and well, everywhere, then this is the place for you.
It's decoated, as mentioned, as though an eccentric, arty great-aunt did it in the late 40s and it hasn't been changed since. The bed is comfy (if a little noisy...), the tv is awesome (and has DVD player, HBO on demand, etc), the shower is INCREDIBLE and the bath is about four feet deep.
One of the reviews alleged that it's not clean and everything is falling apart - completely untrue. It's spotless, and the threadbare rug is part of the charm, darling. Perhaps she'd be happier at a Marriott.
The one thing that does need changing: the drapes. No matter how you arrange them, there's a two-inch crack on either side of the windows and light comes straight in. Not ideal for jetlag.
There's no room service, as mentioned, but the B Bar and Grill next door does great coffee and brunch and incredible burritos, there's a sushi bar downstairs, Five Points around the corner does one of the best burgers I've ever tasted and well, it's New York. You're never going to starve, are you?
Oh, and the staff, whilst not visible, are definitely available: I somehow broke the TV (damn remote controls) and sheepishly rang them to ask what to do. The guy came right up and fixed it within about one minute. That wouldn't be so quick in most hotels.
I'd definitely stay here again... and I'd ask for a room with a courtyard. Those sound awesome.
We go to NY a lot and tend to try new hotels each time... but I'm definitely coming back to Lafayette House. I wonder if I can get them to change the curtains first...

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2009

The most fabulous room we've ever stayed in. Had soooo much character and warmth. Perfect location, perfect atmosphere and perfect service. We didn't want to leave and will definitely go back!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2009

Being an avid traveler I consider myself savvy in the process of choosing Hotels. My standards are quite high and I expect a great deal from the staff down to the quality of soap. I was hesitant to stay at a boutique hotel in NY as it is a departure from my usual mainstream choice, but the location was unbeatable. Upon arrival I realized this was going to be a unique experience. The hotel far surpassed my expectations and I found myself feeling as if I arrived at my own brownstone home in the city, outfitted with an exceptional staff. From the cozy feel of the room’s eclectic design and antique furniture to the grandeur of the high vaulted ceiling and oversized fireplace, the combination was exquisite. It will most defineitly be incorporated into my New York experience again and again.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2008

this place was a real find. In the East Village with an excellent wine bar next door. We were upgraded to a room with a terrace (unfortunately it rained!). Nice touches including free bottle of wine, lovely toiletries, extremely comfortable bed. Not cheap but we loved it.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank susybluenz