US$253
Staybridge.com
Free cancellation until 03/08
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$192/night.

Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$135
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$125
  • Pool
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$204
US$199
Free cancellation until 02/08
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$214
  • Bar/Lounge
Sofitel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$189
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$209/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$116
Free cancellation until 03/08
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$191
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$129
Free cancellation until 04/08
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

6,650 results
All reviewslincoln centered's chowder housegossip girlpool deckcentral parkcolumbus circlegreat locationrooftop barnew yorkupper west sidejunior suiterooms are smallaround the cornertimes squarenycstarbuckssubway
Reviewed 6 June 2012

My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time at this hotel, rooms were small and the view was bad, but the decor and the hospitality made up for it. Trouble started after check out. Every day for the past 3 days they've been charging my card $100+ and they are failing miserably with helping resolve the issue. They claimied we used multiple bottles from the mini bar even though we never touched it.. And continued to charge the card after they resolved a booking issue with bookit.com. We are very disappointed, we liked this hotel and planned to come back, however after that incident we absolutely will not.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
EmpireManagement, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Dear jvdc1389,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your most recent stay at the Empire Hotel. As the Assisstant General Manager I am disappointed to hear that your positive experience at the Hotel has been overshadowed by the challenges you are experiencing with billing. Please contact me directly at the Hotel so I may assist inrectifying the problem immediately. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Jennifer Baldwin

Reviewed 6 June 2012

We had a great stay at the Empire Hotel in May for 2 nights. We had a lovely junior suite on the 10th floor and it was an L shaped room with bed on one end and sofa in the other. We had a good view of Lincoln Center on one side and normal busy NYC streets on the other with hint of park on the other. Room was nicely decorated and bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was nice size and the shower area may need to be freshen up but overall it was fine. Housekeeping was great and we did not have any problems with towels like other reviewers.

The staff at the front desk were very friendly and efficient, Aretha checked us in and Victor who renewed our key card after we left the roof bar in the early hours, was still there at noon and checked us out - I hope he has managed to get the time back =). Concierge on the other hand was not great, I wanted to leave an envelope with one of the room keys for my cousin who was arriving later at Concierge but was told - 'see reception' which at that time had a que of people. I was due to meet friends to go to the Metropolitan Museum so just had to rearrange for my cousin to dump her bags at the porters and meet us instead of being able to get in the room. I have stayed in other hotels before and this was never in issue.

You have Starbucks and Duane Reade around the corner and then Century 21 (good for shopping for some bargains) and Bar Boulud are pretty much next door. Highly recommend going to the rooftop bar for some great views, drink and dancing. The pool on the roof was closed for renovation but on a sunny day this must be a lovely place to hang out in. Apart from concierge, the hotel is lovely and in a great location, would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We came into town to see a show and decided to stay the night.The location is the best feature, it's a short walk from Columbus Circle so there are several subway trains you can use, and it's right across the street from Lincoln Center. The rate I got on Priceline was pretty good. Rooms in older buildings are going to be small, there is no getting around it. I agree with others, the shower half-wall is not practical. The mini-bar items are horrendously expensive. $9 for a bottle of water? When NYC tap water is among the best water you can get? We checked in at 5pm on a Saturday, went right out, were back around midnight, and before 8AM Sunday there was a bill slipped under the door for several mini bar items that we hadn't used--even if we had used any, how would they have known during that timeframe? I wouldn't expect any staff to enter the room on a Saturday night unless I asked. The front desk staff took care of it right away but I have to wonder how and why that happened. Being cynical I can only say "Nice Try"...I also agree with an earlier comment about there being no flat sheets on the bed-so it's a comforter or nothing. In NYC rooms tend to get dry and stuffy, but then the A/C is blowing right on you as the rooms are so small. Having a top sheet would be more comfortable. The bar is attractive, and there is a mezzanine above where you can take your drink & people watch, and some of them are entertaining to watch! The rooftop pool area closed at 10pm so we weren't able to check it out.I would stay here again if I couldn't get a different hotel for the same $$ or less, but I would check availability at other properties I have used in the past first.

Room Tip: If you are on the 10th floor, make sure you aren't under the nightclub
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kells0s
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We had a great weekend at this hotel. The location is great - it's only a few blocks from Central Park, across the street from Lincoln Center, and close to a lot of cute restaurants and stores. It's right by the subway to take you downtown. The hotel is very trendy, with cool couches in the lobby. The rooms are clean and have enough space, especially for a New York hotel room. The bed is super comfortable! The rooftop is a great place to hang out - there's a pool and lounge chairs with drink service. At night, there's a rooftop club that's really popular, and you don't have to wait in line if you are a hotel guest. I highly recommend this hotel, it has great amenities and service!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Great location an excellent service
The room was just too small for 2 people for 4 nights
Great cocktail bat

• Stayed: May 2012
EmpireManagement, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear sw44London,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your most recent stay at the Empire Hotel. As the Assistant General Manager, I am so pleased to hear our location and service exceeded your expectations. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Empire the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Regards,