“Mille-Feuille Class”

Cuisines: French, Cafe
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed 27 June 2016

My friend and I attended the Mille-Feuille Pastry Class and found it to be very enjoyable. The class was 3 1/2 hours and "hands on" learning with 8 students in the class. We learned the technique, recipes and were given a generous and delicious pastry to take home.
A wonderful way to spend the afternoon if you want to learn how to create this wonderful pastry!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Reviewed 18 June 2016

We went to this bakery 3 times while in NY. The breakfast pastries are really good and we really enjoyed the pains au chocolat. Being from France we like finding good little bakery like this in the states. The eclair au chocolat was delicious too and they make great almond latte. The only minus was the last day, we were walking by after dinner and my son wanted a dessert, I saw the open sign so we walked in...it was 8'05pm as I looked at my watch, I guess they close at 8pm because the guy who was in charge was extremely rude and border line insulting because they were supposedly close and he didn't want us in his store. (I didn't look at the time they close but I assume it's 8). I guess the "we are open sign" at the door meant "close". It was pretty sad to be treated like this...hopefully he doesn't do that to other people. We went to Maison Kayser 2 blocks way the next day...I guess that's what we might do when we come back, if this guy is there again.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

We tried the namesake of this bakery which was a nice end of trip treat. I was disappointed by the flavours of macarons but they had a few other dessert options.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

This hole in the wall serves tasty espresso and features a range of delicious looking baked goods. Small tables good for intimate conversation.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

We stayed near here at the Hotel Beacon. If I had my way we would have eaten breakfast of pastries and coffee here every morning. Lovely, kind staff. Amazing almond croissant and coffee. They also had the best macarons we have ever tried and we have tried a few. Loved the passionfruit and the coconut. Perhaps next time we are in town we can take the macaron class. It sounds terrific. I think we also saw that they offer a pastry class.