“Wonderful French Breakfast”

Cuisines: French
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a small restaurant with wonderful fresh tasting food ... it reminded me of farm to table. We enjoyed avocat & deux oeufs au choix, croque-madame and a very fresh fruit salad. Everything was perfect including the cappuccinos.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Since it was located very near our hotel, my wife and I "discovered" Maison Kayser on the first day of our nine-day visit to NYC, and we returned almost daily during our stay, usually for pastries and coffee. Their selection of tartines (open-faced sandwiches) with interesting combinations, such as crab-and-avocado and fig-and-ricotta, were excellent for lunch. But to us the star attraction was their Adagio pastry-- dark chocolate mousse cake with a passion fruit mousse center. The whole is covered with a chocolate ganache and topped with a petit macaroon. The sweet/tart taste of the passion fruit was a perfect foil for the bitter/sweet flavor of the chocolate. If I lived in NYC, I would probably gain an enormous amount of weight just eating Maison Kayser's delicious pastries.

1  Thank CultureVulture
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped in for coffee, cappuccino, and dessert. She had the Cafe Gourmand, and I had the Cardinal. It was very good, and the atmosphere was very pleasant.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Last May, my wife and some friends were on vacation in Paris. 1 of my favorite parts of the stay were my daily walks to bring back fresh baguettes for us all to enjoy before we started our day. This isn't Paris, but it does take me back , just a little

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I frequently met with friends and colleagues at the various locations of Maison Kayser. It's a major step up from the normal coffee shop. Seated tables in back can be crowded and noisy, but you can always grab a wonder pastry or open faced sandwich or quiche and eat out front, especially if the weather is good. One note of caution: at the Columbus Circle location, the outdoor tables are directly below some charming cherry trees on the verandah above. But beware the birds in the trees....and droppings on those sitting below! Embarrassing in a business setting.