“Delicious south of France inspired cuisine”
Review of Fig & Olive

Fig & Olive
Reserve with OpenTable
Fig & Olive is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #216 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: French, Italian, Spanish
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: West Village
Cross street: Between Ninth Avenue and Washington Street
Transit: 14th Street stop on A, C, E, 1, 2, 3 and L Trains
Description: FIG & OLIVE is about passion for the best olive oils, flavors and cuisine from the Riviera & Coastal regions of the South of France, Italy and Spain. It is a full service restaurant featuring lunch, brunch and dinner menus. The exceptional wine list includes over 30 wines offered by the glass or bottle from Italy, France and Spain. Our 4,000 square foot MEATPACKING DISTRICT venue, has become a favorite space for all types of corporate events, Holiday Parties, and personal celebrations. FIG & OLIVE MEATPACKING truly stands out with its elegant and authentic design from the French and Italian Riviera. This space offers numerous possibilities to host a variety of events from 12 to 350 guests. FIG & OLIVE Events team is at your disposal to assist you in planning your special event.
Reviewed 5 May 2016

You walk around the streets of a foreign city and some places just stand out as being a good place. This is a delightful light and spacious place.

The food offers a magnificent exploration of the ingredients, delicious fresh ingredients showing off each other to their maximum, each highlighting the other.

A great soundtrack sets the atmosphere, the food is delivered at a good pace.

The only flaw was a perhaps inconsistent mix of flavors in the beef Carpaccio.

Definitely worth repeat visits.

1  Thank OchreSilence

Reviewed 5 May 2016

one time fig and olive was one of the favorites, but we went back last week and was very disappoionted. Food was bland and uninspiring. the wait staff was training new people so they were very intrusive. will not return

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

Came to this restaurant at the behest of a close friend. Another friend and I decided to try their brunch and drinks. The staff was so kind and very diverse. At one point, the new manager Brian came over and introduced himself and asked how our food was. This place is very sophisticated but not too fancy that it distance itself away from you. Located in the meatpacking district, no doubt it has heavy competition. The food was delicious and so were the drinks. The bartender sent over jalapeño martinis which I enjoyed! The omelette I had was amazing , my friend had the poached eggs with the salmon with a mixed salad on the side. I didn't think we'd be full but with a few appetizers and that meal, I was stuffed! Definitely a place to try.

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

I had booked this for my partners 50th as she had eaten here before, I booked from the UK a week before had various emails saying all was well, we got to the restaurant early to be told our table wasn't available, had nice starter and main, at this point our service became non existent, after 20 mins I decided to leave , we went to pay the bill at which point the manageress Sharone Grant was made aware of what had been happening, she couldn't have tried harder to make up for the poor experience and more than made up for the earlier problems.

Reviewed 30 April 2016

Freinds suggested we stop here after the Whitney, and I'm so glad we did. My husband ordered the 3 course luncheon menu ($29) so I was able to share his mushroom croquettes (8 or so on a plate, very good) and then swipe a chuck from his generous lamb skewer, served with veggies and rice. I had their big house salad with shrimp ($27), full of goodies including, yes, figs & olives. This was one of the best salads I've every tasted. We ended with my husbands dreamy pot de creme. Not a quick meal but a perfect meal for a big fat treat,