“Fresh Mediterranean-infused fare in space meant for lingering”
Review of Fig & Olive

Fig & Olive
Reserve with OpenTable
Fig & Olive is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #219 of 14,122 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: French, Italian, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: West Village
Cross street: Between Ninth Avenue and Washington Street
Transit: 14th Street stop on A, C, E, 1, 2, 3 and L Trains
Description: FIG & OLIVE is about passion for the best olive oils, flavors and cuisine from the Riviera & Coastal regions of the South of France, Italy and Spain. It is a full service restaurant featuring lunch, brunch and dinner menus. The exceptional wine list includes over 30 wines offered by the glass or bottle from Italy, France and Spain. Our 4,000 square foot MEATPACKING DISTRICT venue, has become a favorite space for all types of corporate events, Holiday Parties, and personal celebrations. FIG & OLIVE MEATPACKING truly stands out with its elegant and authentic design from the French and Italian Riviera. This space offers numerous possibilities to host a variety of events from 12 to 350 guests. FIG & OLIVE Events team is at your disposal to assist you in planning your special event.
Reviewed 1 October 2016

As you would expect by its name, this lovely restaurant has a Mediterranean focus with figs and delightfully diverse olive oils figuring prominently in various dishes. Two colleagues and I dined together and two of us took advantage of the “signature” crostini, ordering six (for $21) and we each had one of the following: Manchego, fig, marcona almond; burrata, tomato, pesto, balsamic; and shrimp, avocado, cilantro, tomato. All were wonderful and generously portioned so a good deal for the price. Despite all of these carbs, we still sampled the fresh rosemary olive oil fougasse bread brought to us with three varieties of olive oil for dipping. My colleagues both had the fig and olive salad served in large bowls with chunks of Manchego and gorgonzola dolce, apple, tomato and walnuts. These were pronounced “fresh and delicious”. I had the crab salad, with celery, green apple and pink peppercorn, which was a bit too heavy due to a lot of horseradish mayo. I had difficulty choosing between the seafood paella and rosemary lamb chops and went for the latter, another heavy but flavorful dish accompanied by perfectly textured goat cheese gnocchi and braised honey eggplant (slightly overcooked). This was served with a dramatic flair: on a plate topped with a glass dome to keep the meat moist and flavorful as it arrived at table. My colleagues both had the special: Branzino fish arranged in several small portions atop slices of fresh figs and, of course, dotted with olive oil. Unfortunately, we were far too full for dessert. The wine list is carefully curated, divided into bottles from France; Italy and Spain; and California and there was a nice wines-by-the-glass selection, a good variety of champagnes, plus signature and seasonal cocktails. This is a place designed for lingering as it is spacious with soft lighting and hints of terracotta coloring, and displays of wine bottles and olive oils on library-like shelves. There are several locations; this one is in the Meatpacking district and I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

Really looked forward to coming here, but we were left felling, "Meh." Service was borderline: bread and oil served after the appetizers arrived; service was slow even though, at 5:00 house was 20% occupied; waiter brought wrong dessert. It also drives me nuts when a waiter says "I'm leaving now, you'll be taken care of by another waiter." Food was average, at best: a bronzino dish was supposed to have 18-year old balsamic glaze. If it did, it was attached to the skin of the fish, which I don't eat, so that was a waste. Fish pieces were mottled with dark flesh, which I detest. Mashed potatoes were served cold. Beautiful space but full of obviously fake trees and bots full of silk olive branches. What's that all about? It didn't work.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

Congratulations to Bryan Grassi, floor manager and to Alejandra, our waitress! Tired of the UES where I live, my partner and I brought friends from Paris for a different kind of experience, and we left very happy. As I commented to the manager and our waitress, it is exciting indeed when the quality of the food and the service surpass the price you pay. In our fifties, we were there to eat and not to be seen. Outside of the restaurant is the unfortunate frat house vibe of the Meat Packing district. Alejandra and Bryan made sure that we were well served. We will go back and continue to bring guests from out of town. For a tired New Yorker, this was a refreshing experience, especially having previously been treated incredibly rudely at a neighboring restaurant.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

Does this restaurant even need a review?! I am pretty sure it is a NY institution. My 2nd visit here and will make it an annual. Everything in the Meatpacking district is under construction and changing. Fig & Olive is another world when you walk through the doors ~ freshness, elegance ~ service ~ each bite is delightful. An unexpected delight was their cold soups! Stop in and feel pampered, refreshed and so well fed!

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Finally a good eatery in meat packing district given the current trend in this area. This place has the class and elegance of a fine dining resturant with good service and friendly staff.

Tried the new menu and I was very happy to say it was delicious from appetizers to main course to the deserts.

My favorite among the main course dish was the Chilean sea bass. Overall I really like the atmosphere and ambiance. I will recommend to make reservation in advance as they do get busy especially during the weekends.

You have a live DJ who is mixing good music and never felt the sound was overpowering when chatting with your friends across the table.

Extensive drink and wine menu to choose from and will come for another lovely evening.

1  Thank Dogra11