“Best Sangria!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 April 2015

Whenever I am in NYC, I make my way up to the Heights/ Inman Park for a glass of the best Sangria I have ever had. The food is very good with large portions. Sometimes the service is slow but always friendly...hey it is not fast food. The restaurant can be a bit loud because there is always a crowd of locals. We all know what that means :). It is mostly Latin American cuisine with a touch of Mexican.

Reviewed 12 April 2015

The food and drinks were fantastic but, the waiters kept rushing us to finish eating our meals. I have visited this place before and had the same experience. (We were rush, rush). At one point it was very upsetting that the waiter asked us if we were done every 5 minutes, he stopped after we told him not to ask us again. I loved their food and drinks so much that I kept going back despite the fact that they rushed us and annoyed us but, won't go back again because I was incorrectly charge twice for my bill.

Reviewed 9 February 2015

Short and to the point. DRINKS AND FOOD ARE DELICIOUS. The BEST HAPPY HOUR I have ever been to. I go 2-3x a month and so should you. Enjoy!

Reviewed 24 January 2015

Unexpected gem! OK I did have a Groupon BUT regular prices were still very reasonable. Service was excellent. We were asked MANY times if we had everything we needed and if the food was to our liking.

Lobster was great. Marinated steak was remarkable. Marinated and served with Chimichuri it is among the best I have had.

Jumbo Margaritas were well made and strong.

An added bonus was that the lively crowd was friendly. The restaurant was packed but the other patrons were fun to talk to. Overall atmosphere was like a big party.

I recommended this place to my son. He took his fiancé there and had a very similar experience and thanked me for my recommendation.

They don't really have reservations but they have call a head priority seating. We waited only few minutes on a crowded Saturday night.

ONLY negative thing I can say about Guadalupe is that we were seated t the table next to the door on a very cold night. It was a little col when the door opened.

Overall I would highly recommend this restaurant for food and atmosphere.

Reviewed 2 January 2015

We chose this restaurant for our annual Holiday Girls Night Out dinner. Typically I don't like restaurants that don't allow reservations but we took a chance on this one because they do allow you to put your name on a list. This can be tricky because it allows the person in the front to play games and favor some over others since you don't have an official reservation with a specific time to be seated. I made it clear to the woman at the front desk that we had called ahead and I didn't want any crap because there were a lot of people waiting and we had called ahead a week in advance. The woman showed me that my name had been written incorrectly and she wasn't sure if this was even my name at all. I made it clear that I wasn't happy about the confusion, and we only waited about 10 minutes. I promised myself that I was no longer going to patronize any businesses that didn't have at least one English speaking person to properly deal with customers. It is very frustrating and just plain foolish for any business not to have English speaking employees answering the the phone and working the front desk. Just because it is a "Spanish" restaurant doesn't make it good business sense to only have Spanish speaking in key areas. I believe this is what happened to my name being incorrect. If you are going to answer the phone you should speak English or at least ask questions if you don't know how to spell a name so that there is no confusion when the party arrives. Guest what? Your business survival relies on happy customers. After being seated, we started with the one of the most delicious drinks I have ever had. I definitely recommend any of the drinks, but the Mango Tango is simply delicious and strong. They do not hold back on the alcohol. You definitely get your money's worth. It was a difficult week so I told myself I was going to drink more than usual. No such luck. After I ordered a 2nd Mango Tango, I was only able to finish half of it. Good thing I wasn't driving. I ate enchiladas that were just ok. Not bad but definitely not the best. My friends had the skirt steak and pork chops and they loved it. All in all this was a good night out. I would recommend this restaurant, but I have to say that for me, it will be the drinks that will bring me back to this place, but since I'm there, I'd eat too.