“Unique venue, great food”

Blue Dog Kitchen Bar
Ranked #329 of 14,719 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: Blue Dog offers a handcrafted menu of authentic, delicious, and eclectic cuisine, comprised of local and organic ingredients, with a focus on new American fare. We stand for quality in our carefully crafted menu, made with farm-fresh healthy ingredients. In addition, our loyal guests rave about our Gourmet Cold Pressed Juices with added herbs and alcohol free tinctures.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

What a great place. It's tiny and full of character, with great service and food. We had beers and burgers, everything was delicious. Luckily we'd booked as the place was full with pre-theatre diners, though it emptied out later. One of the best meals we had a in New York and a unique venue.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

My husband and I stumbled onto this tiny jewel not too far from Times Square. Named from a little girl's inability to say "bull dog", it offers up creative takes on burgers, omelettes, eggs benedict, smoothies, quesadillas etc at reasonable-for-New-York prices. The staff was personable and when the hostess handed us menus, she volunteered that if we wanted to make changes, to just let the waiter know. A unique and intimate, dark wood space with imaginative, huge yet somehow graceful chandeliers and Charlie Chaplin silent films being projected on a canvas drop along one wall. The light over the bar glow invitingly with room for just six stools. My one quibble would be that I found the pop music playing to be too loud and we were perhaps lucky that on Sunday night (brunch all day!) at 7pm, it was not too crowded.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We were made to feel very welcome by Eric. Food was amazing. I had the Croque Madame and my husband had the Crunchy French toast. He said “Best French Toast I have ever eaten.” Best breakfast of our trip!

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Brunch on Saturday in this tiny place was rewarding. Coffee was excellent. Smoothies were perfect. Had crab cake Benedict which was tasty. Very busy and crowded.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

This was possibly our favorite meal in the city on a recent trip. Dinner before a show.
Service was first class and the food was just terrific. I had steak and shrimp in some wonderful sauce and wife had a vegetarian quesadilla. The price was around $100 with a drink. The place is tiny but in a good way.