“Great Food on Foot Tour find”
Review of Poseidon Bakery

Poseidon Bakery
Ranked #82 of 393 Bakeries in New York City
Cuisines: Greek
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Visited Poseidon Bakery as part of the Food on Foor Tour. Though our group of 39 was a tight fit for the place, the staff was wonderful, patient and all about selling us some fabulous pastries. I wish it were around the corner so I could try some of their other offerings. They had half a dozen different strudels (are strudels Greek?) and I could only try one -- the Cherry Cheese. It was exquisite. I don't know how they make or where they buy their cherry filling but it was the best. It didn't have that cherry pie in a can taste that is so common in most cherry pastries. I also bought a piece of baklava -- well actually it was not baklava but rather a different pastry that contained the same ingredients but was easier to share and eat. It was wonderful.

There were so many things that looked so good -- even savory items for those not looking for something sweet.

Reviewed 25 December 2017

The owner has been making traditional Greek cakes and pastries for decades. Everything we tried was delicious. She really goes all-out at Easter, with special, seasonal delicacies.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

On a cold November day, this bakery offered us a warm haven. The coffee and the treats were authentic and good. Even better was the lady who served us. I️ think she was the owner or part of the family. We had a good conversation about the history of the bakery and about the beauty of Greece. What a great gem in the Hells Kitchen area!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

What a find in Hell's Kitchen. We were having an afternoon get together and lo and behold, my oven ended up broken just in time for the event. Wanting something special as a substitute to homemade, Poseidon Bakery came up in a yelp search of the area. We chanced it and got a wide array of baklava, strudel and any treat in the shop that appealed. The baklava in particular was INCREDIBLE. Friends I haven't seen eat anything with sugar since 1998 sighed with joy from the first bite to the last. This is one incredible bakery. I highly recommend you come hungry and ready to buy for a small army, because you are going to want to try everything in the shop. Thanks for saving the day!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The Poseidon Bakery is a sweet little find in the bustle of Hell's Kitchen or if you are looking for a quick recharge before or after Time's Square visit, matinee show. It is a bakery, not a restaurant, but there are 3 or 4 stools by the window at a counter for you to rest your weary bones and have a bite. The offerings are all the best of Greek Baking! Spanokopita and other savory individual pies, along with all the sweet baked goods that the Grecian Isles have to offer.

The pies are exceptionally good and reasonably priced. Beverages, coffee, tea are available as well.

They also offer frozen versions of their goods to take away and bake at home!

I highly recommend.