“A foodie's dream”

Cuisines: Deli, Indian
Neighbourhood: East Village
Neighbourhood: East Village
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

I'm a foodie and I enjoy different cultural who then and this Indian restaurant grocery store is open 24/7 and you can always stop in and for minimal price you can have a delicious meal anytime I'm in New York I probably within a month stop here about 3 times if I have a meeting in the area after the meeting this is where I go try it you'll like it

Reviewed 11 September 2017

a really amazing little place, all the food was amazing, it filled me up and was cheaper than chips!

Reviewed 1 November 2016

I saw many taxi drivers stopping here for a quick break and that's usually a reliable indicator of great value for money for you food. Well, it definitely was this time.
This was simply the best meal I've had in NYC. The food is simply great, fantastic flavours but not overwhelming and - last but not least - prices are as ridiculous as the portions.
You can actually get a small (which is really large) bowl of rice with two sides for 4$ or a big (i.e. enormous) bowl with three sides for 6$. The big one is enough to fill you belly for two meals. The sides are displayed in numbered baking trays with no name tag attached, you just pick them by the number. Of course you can ask the staff about the ingredients, they're very friendly and eager to help customers, but feel adventurous and pick randomly, you won't be disappointed!
I didn't mention that the food served here is vegetarian, you're advised.
The place is very small to eat in, just a table in the back and a small counter, and it's located in a semi-basement - pay attention or you're gonna miss it!
Overall, the surprising highlight of my NY food experience. If only I weren't living on the other side of the Atlantic I'd eat here day in, day out!

Reviewed 24 October 2016

Great place to come for no-frills, cheap and good Indian food. Open 24 hours so it's great for those late night tandoori missions. This is not a place for "fancy" Indian food but prices are great and the food is good.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

What a find. A small doorway and shabby looking sign, but inside you'll find a selection of 8 or 9 different vegetarian dishes, with samosas and breads too. So cheap for a big plate, with 3 dishes and rice. I'll be packing lunch from here and at least a few dinners a week.
Lovely man served me, very happy and friendly.