2,760 results
All reviewstimes squarenew yorkhell's kitchenindoor poolintrepid museumminute walkcentral parklincoln tunnelthe penthousefew blocksgood sizetwo double bedsstayed here for nightsrestaurant rowper daysuperior roomroom was large
Reviewed 11 December 2017

I stayed 1 night in this hotel on a business trip to New York. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable and fairly spacious by New York standards. This is an older property and shows its age a bit, but is adequately maintained. Bed was comfortable and sleep quality pretty good. Location is a bit "gritty" and dining options immediately nearby may not be to your taste, but I ate elsewhere in Manhattan before returning to the hotel after my day's business and walked from the hotel to my meetings in Manhattan the next morning, which was an enjoyable walk. I would stay here again.

The only bad experience was that I booked the hotel through a site named Cancelon which Trip Advisor works with. Cancelon took prepayment for the hotel from my credit card and sent me confirmation of my reservation, but never made the reservation at the hotel, so I arrived in New York to find I had nowhere to stay. The hotel staff were very helpful in trying to sort this out, but the hotel was just full for that night, so I only stayed there the second night of my trip and had to stay at another hotel the first night.

There is a simple lesson: DO NOT USE CANCELON for your hotel bookings! The hotel itself was fine.

Room Tip: AVOID using CANCELON to book your room.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
MARK H, General Manager at Skyline Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Sorry about the site you used to book your stay, but glad you enjoyed the hotel.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Loved the beds, so comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Noise easily heard from other rooms and the lifts were right near us. Very active and busy hotel. Really close to Times Square and other attractions. Enjoyed the vibe of the neighbourhood and easy walks to see intrepid, if that interests you!

Stayed: December 2017

Nice to see that you were comfortable in our great beds. Surprised about the noise by the elevator, there are only 8 rooms near the elevator and they are the few twin rooms in the hotel. Great to see that you were pleased with our staff.

Best of Holidays,

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Room was at the front of the hotel. Very noisy, no sleep due to road noise. Room very small. Shower needed upgrading. Polite and helpful staff Cleaning service very good. Pool area looked clean. Great view of the city.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
1  Thank Carol B

Glad you found the staff pleasant and the rooms clean. The windows are double pane, but we are in Nyc, the city that never sleeps.

Best of Holidays,

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights with a friend. This was the third time we've used this hotel, and I have to say the place is looking tired and in need of some TLC. They've rented out the 2nd and 3rd floors to local families as short term affordable housing. That's fine if we hadn't been hit with a bill for 1411.00usd for our stay. Incidentally if you book your room with booking.com make sure you add local taxes to the price advertised. Staff were very friendly, I recognised several faces from previous stays so it appears there's no high turnover of staff. Rooms are comfortable but could do with some attention. I recommend a stay here if you can get a decent discount on the room rates.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for comments about your stay. We hope to see you a fourth time in the near future.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Staff is very friendly. Hotel is lovely and clean, they even have a bell hop and concierge! We had a twin room (2 twins) which is unheard of in a hotel. Room was perfect for our 1 night stay in the city. Bathroom was beautiful. A little outside Times Square, but within easy walking distance. Georgies Country Grill is just a 5 minute walk - food was very good there, small place but reasonably priced. The Skyline Deli across the street has everything you could possibly think of in a little deli/store. Nice location. No complaints! Would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank 80sgirlCT
MARK H, General Manager at Skyline Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Thank you for staying with us and glad you were pleased with the hotel

Happy holidays,