“Simply GREAT Hotel !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #330 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Brussels, Belgium
“Simply GREAT Hotel !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I stayed for 5 nights and everything was simply great at the Stay. Hotel!
I don't use to put comments on trip advisor to be honest but this time I really wanted to share my experience with others travelers.
The staff was very friendly at check-in and during all my stay. Reception team, concierge team, they were all very friendly and always ready to help or give suggestions (e.g: the best way to go to JFK airport or directions in the city). The luggage storage on the last day was very useful as well!
The hotel as a GREAT location, it's 20 meters from Times Square, you cannot find better location in NYC! My room (on the 9th floor) was very nice, very clean every day, very quiet and with a great view on Times Square (M&M's building)! It was really not a problem to sleep every night!
Before my trip, I read many comments about the Stay like "tiny elevators, slow elevators, tiny rooms,..." so I was naturally a little bid afraid about what I would find...but I can tell you that I travel a lot for leisure or for my job and I can tell you that okay the two elevators are not huge but really not smaller than the average in other hotels, they are not super fast but really not slower than the average in other hotels...they are just normal elevators !!
When I stayed, the hotel was almost fully booked and I never had to wait more than 30sec to get into the elevator, and I was on the 9th floor. The rooms are not huge but really really not tiny neither, they are really normal size for a hotel in the heart of NYC just beside Times Square! The room was very clean and with a very nice design decoration, very comfortable bed and clean bathroom with a lot of amenities renewed every day. The safe in the closet was useful to put passports, flight tickets,... There is early everything you need.

I really recommend this hotel to everyone, if you are traveling for business or leisure.
Finally, I would like to especially thank Mrs Anna from the reception team, she really provide us with a great assistance, smile and quality of service. She is the kind of hotel staff you are looking for when you are traveling at the other side of the world and who can make your stay successful and feel good as a guest of the hotel.
Because of staff like this and for all the good points of the hotel written above, I really recommend this hotel if you are looking for a nice room, great location and great staff for a very reasonable price in the heart of NYC !
I hope to come back to NYC asap and I will surely chose the Stay. hotel once again!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank laurent066
Daniel F, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Hello laurent066 , Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your recent experience at Stay. We are pleased that you had an all around wonderful experience while in residence with us. We all strive to exceed our guest’s service expectations and it is pleasing to read that Anna stood out and was able to provide you with that great service. We are happy to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and enjoyed your experience all around once again. We do hope to welcome you back in the future, Please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would be happy to personally assist with your accommodation arrangements.

dfeurtado@stayhotelny.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I've stayed twice at this hotel for business reasons. As I was traveling alone, location was important. It's just a few steps from Times Square so there is no way of getting bored or feeling lonely and shops are open until 1 or 2 AM.
Rooms are tiny and I could perfectly hear all the conversations other guests had in the corridor and not only in the room next to mine but in any room located in the same floor. Terrible acoustic isolation (none). So I was awaken at 4am/5am twice when other guests were back.
Rooms doesn't have some little details that could make them be a little bit more up to date such as Ipod docks.
Even if the people at the front desk and the guys that welcome you were really nice, I cannot say the same about the house keeping service not only they were extremely noisy (I could hear them around 7AM). And on top of that the day I had to check out one of the women knocked on my door at least three times every half and hour (note that it was two hours before check out time). Third time, I had to ask her if she had any problem and instead of answering she stood there staring at me showing her discomfort. I thought about complaining but had my taxi waiting to go to the airport. If you happen to stay there, make sure you are not close to the elevators, that by the way, take years to arrive.

Room Tip: stay away from the elevators or housekeeping storage
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Almadevalija , Thank you for choosing Stay. for your time in NYC, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced while you were in residence . We pride ourselves on the level of service we are able to provide each guest and we are looking into the issues you mentioned. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, please feel free to contact me if you would like assistance with arranging a return stay.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

We are currently finishing our final day stay here, upon arrival my debit card was billed twice (issue has still gone unresolved) and no attempts to make amends or compensations were made for the considerable error. Rooms are very tiny, nice but poorly done. House keeping is VERY noisy from very early morning.... Doors slamming and broken Spanish. Good location but good riddance

• Stayed February 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Boardin911 , Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We truly
appreciate all the information you have provided to us, it’s our goal to constantly improve our level of service and your feedback is extremely valuable in helping us improve that. I'm very disappointed to learn of your experience and disappointing visit, for that I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we caused you. However, I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to make up for that experience, Please contact me directly so that I can personally assist with your arrangements.

Alton, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

The rooms could be a little bit bigger, but all in all nice, the location is amazing, you are around all the action, time square is cool, and there's so many good places to eat and shop near by. I would recommend it. Price wise, I found awesome deals using hotsengine.com, it compared every site and hotel imaginable, i didn't need to shop around, found this and booked!

Room Tip: Use hotsengine.com, has all the reviews and deals.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brian M
Daniel F, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Hello Brian M , We appreciate that you took the time to post your review. We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay and can’t wait to welcome you back.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

Stayed at the Stay a couple of weeks before Christmas, the lobby was decorated very nice. We had a double room on the 4th floor so it wasn't too small and the bathroom was a good size too. Very nice room, friendly staff, everyone was very helpful and accommodating. There were some loud parties going on at the bar but the music did not bother us on the 4th floor, what was noisy was the street below. The place is clean and very modern, nice flat screen TV, just no HD, for the price they charge, they should have HD. The only other complaint I have are the elevators, they are tiny and very slow, I got in my workouts by using the stair the few days I was there. The good part about the hotel is that you are in the middle of everything…..great location. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Daniel F, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, 5 February 2012
Longhorns99 , Thank you for the wonderful review and the beautiful pictures. We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay and can’t wait to welcome you back.