“Old school and classy”

The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel
Ranked #282 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 15 September 2015

This hotel is my favorite in NYC. The rooms are quite large for NYC, and the service is exceptional. It is low key but very refined. One block away from central park and located on Madison Ave for shopping.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Giovanni_Beretta, General Manager at The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Our staff prides itself on extending only the highest levels of quality, service and hospitality, and I take great pleasure in sharing your very kind comments, regarding your recent stay, with them.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 15 September 2015

The Carlyle is for me one of the best hotels in NYC. I come often and I enjoy every stay. It has this out of time ambiance with lift operator and old school and outstanding service. Last time, I was there with my new born baby and a nanny. The hotel was helpful and caring. I highly recommend it.
Needless to say the rooms were super clean, the bed very comfortable and the breakfast delicious.
With the Plaza, the Ritz on the Park and the Pier it's one of one of the best high end hotel in NYC.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family

I would like to sincerely thank you for the kind words and for staying with us this past March. I am thrilled that we were able to provide you and your family with outstanding service.

It was a pleasure having you with us, and I speak for the entire staff when I say; we look forward to welcoming you back to The Carlyle in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 13 September 2015

We have stayed here before and the hotel staff still goes out of their way to make your stay great. The rooms are beautiful and housekeeping does a fantastic job keeping the rooms clean. Love that they have the elevator operators.
Patrick in Customer Relations was wonderful. We were celebrating our Wedding Anniversary and the Champagne and dessert sent to the room made it even more special.
The restaurant's wait staff was friendly, courteous and prompt and the high tea was fabulous as well.
In Bemelmans Bar Sharif and Laurie are the best! You always get excellent service and they are very helpful and friendly. They really make your stay even more enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends

On behalf of the entire Carlyle staff, I would like to thank you for the kind words expressed in your review. It has filled me with immense pride and I will be happy to share this with Patrick, Sharif, Lori, and the rest of the team. But I do know that your comments serve as a reminder as to why I love working for this hotel and for its valued guests, like you.

Thank you for your continued support and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 September 2015

We stayed at the Carlyle while my dad was a patient at New York Hospital Cornell. It was a stressful time so the fact that the staff at the Carlyle were so welcoming and accommodating made a difficult time more bearable. The room service was wonderful - delicious, hot , and again served with a smile. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and if we have a need in the future, this is where we will be staying.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family

I would like to sincerely thank you for the kind words and for staying with us this past September. I am thrilled that we were able to provide you with a positive experience during a difficult time for you and your father.

Reviewed 8 September 2015

I have stayed at The Carlyle a few times and every time I return it feels like I am "going home." The staff are so welcoming and good at remembering who you are and what you have done that day. Everything about the hotel is so wonderful and enchanting. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Giovanni_Beretta, General Manager at The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2015

On behalf of the entire Carlyle staff, I would like to thank you for the kind words expressed in your review. It has filled me with immense pride and has left me unable to truly express my gratitude, which is a rarity. But I do know that your comments serve as a reminder as to why I love working for this hotel and for its valued guests, like you.

Thank you for allowing us to be your New York home and for your continued support. We all look forward to welcoming you back.