“Quick weekend getaway”

The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel
Ranked #298 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 15 September 2015

Our room was charming, the staff, extremely helpful, and the hotel feels like a timeless and classic apartment building. The breakfast/dining room is beautiful and the food is delicious. The bar is famous and a great place to listen to live music and have a drink in a historical and magical setting. An absolute must if you are in NYC.

Room Tip: Our room was on the fourth floor and was lovely and perfect
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Giovanni_Beretta, General Manager at The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to New York. I’m thrilled that we were able to provide you with a unique experience, and that you enjoyed Bemelmans Bar and the Carlyle Restaurant as well.

I can only hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The Carlyle in the near future.

Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

Old world touches like a manned elevator, wonderful piano bar with great talent performing live, delicious buffet breakfasts and very spacious rooms and bathrooms. Definitely our hotel in New York City from now on!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dcgomez01

On behalf of the entire Carlyle staff, I would like to thank you for the kind words expressed in your review. It has filled me with immense pride and has left me unable to truly express my gratitude, which is a rarity. But I do know that your comments serve as a reminder as to why I love working for this hotel and for its valued guests, like you.

Thank you for allowing us to be your preferred hotel in New York City and for your continued support. We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

This hotel is my favorite in NYC. The rooms are quite large for NYC, and the service is exceptional. It is low key but very refined. One block away from central park and located on Madison Ave for shopping.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Our staff prides itself on extending only the highest levels of quality, service and hospitality, and I take great pleasure in sharing your very kind comments, regarding your recent stay, with them.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 15 September 2015

The Carlyle is for me one of the best hotels in NYC. I come often and I enjoy every stay. It has this out of time ambiance with lift operator and old school and outstanding service. Last time, I was there with my new born baby and a nanny. The hotel was helpful and caring. I highly recommend it.
Needless to say the rooms were super clean, the bed very comfortable and the breakfast delicious.
With the Plaza, the Ritz on the Park and the Pier it's one of one of the best high end hotel in NYC.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family

I would like to sincerely thank you for the kind words and for staying with us this past March. I am thrilled that we were able to provide you and your family with outstanding service.

It was a pleasure having you with us, and I speak for the entire staff when I say; we look forward to welcoming you back to The Carlyle in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 13 September 2015

We have stayed here before and the hotel staff still goes out of their way to make your stay great. The rooms are beautiful and housekeeping does a fantastic job keeping the rooms clean. Love that they have the elevator operators.
Patrick in Customer Relations was wonderful. We were celebrating our Wedding Anniversary and the Champagne and dessert sent to the room made it even more special.
The restaurant's wait staff was friendly, courteous and prompt and the high tea was fabulous as well.
In Bemelmans Bar Sharif and Laurie are the best! You always get excellent service and they are very helpful and friendly. They really make your stay even more enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends

On behalf of the entire Carlyle staff, I would like to thank you for the kind words expressed in your review. It has filled me with immense pride and I will be happy to share this with Patrick, Sharif, Lori, and the rest of the team. But I do know that your comments serve as a reminder as to why I love working for this hotel and for its valued guests, like you.

Thank you for your continued support and we all look forward to welcoming you back.