Sofitel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$219
Sofitel
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$296/night.

Avalon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$145
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$205/night.

US$195
US$169
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$237/night.

US$264
US$199
InterContinental
  • Room Service
US$240
US$219
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$277/night.

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$133
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$290
US$279
Hyatt.com
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$130
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$171/night.

Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$125
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$163/night.

Holiday Inn Manhattan - Financial District(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$127
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$186/night.

All reviewsupper east sidebemelmans barelevator operatorelevator attendantscentral parktower roomnew yorkmadison avenuehardwood floorsiconic hotelelevator serviceluxury hotelhome away from homefour seasonsliving roompublic areasrooms are comfortable
Reviewed 28 August 2017

The Carlyle is perfect for me as I am a "Museum Person". The location of the Carlyle is perfect as there are at least five museums that ate an easy walk. I also enjoy the shops and small restaurants that are so close. The service is impeccable at the Carlyle Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Massimiliano P, General Manager at The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Elaine H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us as well as fellow travelers! We are delighted to know that our location was well-suited to your needs. We couldn't agree more - we love our little neighborhood :) We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future. Wishing you all the best!

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Was in 1108 with views of the park. Very smooth check in. Very friendly staff throughout the hotel. Breakfast buffet is A+++++. Excellent phone service re wake up calls. Excellent room service.....the eggs Benedict with smoked salmon was very very good but would have been better if warmer. Didn't sleep well the first night due to a loud tv in an adjoining room ( next time I'll call the manager on duty) but the second night was pure bliss. Top tier bath products BUT they need to have a shoe shine sponge!! An ultra top tier men's tennis champion was staying here during my visit and obviously the privacy and security features of this hotel are appealing to any high profile person. I used to live in a high profile Park Avenue building and I almost felt like I was back in my coop. Highly recommend the Carlyle.

Room Tip: View of Central Park if possible.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Andy J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; your feedback is very valuable to us! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your accommodations, our breakfast offerings and that you felt well cared for throughout your visit. Our objective is that all our guests feel a sense of home when they stay at The Carlyle, and we are glad to know it was indeed your experience. It was our pleasure to have you and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future. Wishing you all the best!

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip, and it was a quality place to stay. It felt like a boutique hotel, discreet but still a decent size with all the amenities you'd expect, and faultless service. The rooms are a little small but I guess that's to be expected in Manhattan. The location is great in that it's right next to Central Park, and right in the middle of Upper East Side surrounded by all the great little restaurants and bars.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Massimiliano P, General Manager at The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear jimmy2580,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience and feedback with us as well as fellow travelers! We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed the service you received so thoroughly and that our location was well-suited to your needs. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again, for business or leisure, in the near future. Wishing you all the best!

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

The location is great, right in Central Park, it was my first time and I will stay there again for sure.

This hotel has so much history that even today it feels like you're part of it.

The bar is awesome and drinks are the best.

Friendly staff

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Massimiliano P, General Manager at The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear Richard G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit so thoroughly. We are glad that the location was well-suited to your needs and that you had the opportunity to experience the bar! It was our pleasure to have you and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future. Wishing you all the best!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

My husband, myself, our daughter and grandson flew to NY for an unexpected funeral. I found out about the funeral on a Tuesday and we had to be there Wednesday. Our daughter got the plane tickets and I took care of looking up hotels. I knew I wanted a good hotel near LaGuardia, and also a hotel that had airport transport.
After much research I went ahead and called the Carlyle hotel. I had a computer screen in front of me with a quoted price in case I needed that information. I also knew I needed a crib for one room. The woman who answered the phone and then transferred me to reservations was very courteous and kind. The woman I spoke to in reservations was also very kind, patient and helpful. She matched the price I had onscreen, and also made certain everything I needed would be provided. She took all the airline information and had the Concierge arrange for the airport pickup, with an infant car seat in the vehicle. The hotel called me back with all the information I needed for the airport pickup, and confirmed a baby car seat. As we were landing at midnight knowing we had reliable arranged pickup was a great feeling.
After we got to the hotel our check in was smooth, and we felt we were treated as important hotel guests. By this time it was close to 1:00 am, and so to be treated so nicely and helpfully truly felt good. Our rooms were very nice, the bed very comfortable, and the crib was already in our daughter's room along with a lovely little goodie bag for our grandson. This included a cute little teddy bear! We did have free wifi, but were far too tired to use it.
Our wake up call the next morning was an actual person who was very nice and made it a personable call and not a robo kind of call.
After enjoying the complimentary coffee in the lobby, we checked out, and again, all very smooth and personable. I have the utmost praise for the Front Desk staff at the Carlyle and the Concierge who arranged our airport pickup and called me with all the information I needed. We only needed the one night at the hotel, but I would certainly stay there again in an instant because of the high customer care we received.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Wen2013
Massimiliano P, General Manager at The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Wen2013,

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to share such detailed feedback! We can't tell you how helpful it is for us when we are able to have this kind of in-depth look into a guest's experience. We are delighted to know that you felt well cared for, from arrival to departure. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future. Wishing you all the best!