“I loved looking out my windows at Times Square”

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Ranked #203 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I'm so used to NYC hotels that have no view or a view of another hotel room, that when i opened the curtains in my room I just staired out at the scene for quite some time. From my bed, i could see the lights of Times Square and the Empire State Building. And that bed was very comfortable and the room was a nice size and well appointed. Everything was clean and well kept. The tub appeared to have had some anti slip affixed and then removed - the result of which appeared and felt under foot to be lumps of plaster. Not bad for showering but damn painful if you were taking a soad. Overall nice place in a great location.

Room Tip: I had a corner room that looked south down broadway and west across it. Those corners end in 01, so...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (10,115)

Reviewed 17 February 2012

This hotel is in an excellent location right on Times Square, the staff are friendly and helpful, it is modern and very clean. The rooms are very good, the bed is comfortable. The room had a safe and tea/coffee making facilities, the only thing missing was a small fridge. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank FloJo654
Reviewed 17 February 2012

My wife & I have just had a wonderful holiday in NY & stayed in a wonderful hotel. The rooms are very well appointed & have slept in what is probably the most comfortable bed in the world!!!!
The people who work here are obviously very well engaged - nothing is too much trouble & the food at breakfast is first class.
If you are looking for a hotel to stay when in NY then look no further - we too are cautious about comments or referrals on line but have faith - this hotel is a real gem!

Room Tip: Corner room on high floors
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philip L
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Upon valeting my car on our arrival day the attendant inspected the vehicle to ensure their was no damage to our car. He made it known that our car had a couple scratches on the left said. I said yes and that it was something I have done. He marked it down on paper. After our two night stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel we asked to have our car brought up to us. Let me make it known that we left it parked in the hotel garage the entire weekend we stayed in NYC. After the attendant brought up our car I noticed my right rear bumper. It had an enormous significant scratch/rub on the bumper. I instantly called over the attendant. He argued with us that he did not do it. I stated that my car was not like this prior to entering the parking garage that friday night that we arrived. He called us in the office to get a "claim" slip and continued to give us a hard time saying that they didn't do this. I told him I would call the police to file a report. We did call the police and notified the security at the hotel. I was assured by hotel security staff that if I did not get anywhere with the parking company after I filed my claim to call them back and they would help take care of it. My husband called the claim number on Monday after we returned home. The woman who answered said it would take up to five days to receive the claim and that she would call back. She did not. That Thursday my husband called again and the woman told him that our case had been closed due to the attendant at the parking garage stating that he was not responsible for the damage done to my car. He was outraged at what she had said. He told her that we had pictures that we had taken before we left the parking garage that day. She said that if we sent the pictures to her to review that they would again open the case and call us back. In the meantime I called the hotel security again to assure me that they could help me get this claim going along since the security man at the hotel took down all my information and filed a report with the hotel regarding this incident. Needless to say I was not confident in the response I received from the security man that I spoke to. I was told prior to leaving the hotel not to worry that they would take care of me and upon speaking to them today I feel as though they are giving me the run around. I am uneasy about this entire situation as I feel as though they have been playing games with me. Please, if you plan on staying at this hotel think twice regarding the parking arrangement. I have a fairly new vehicle and they did damage my car and tried to cover up the damage. I advise people to be cautious and if you do park your car here request copies of the vehicle report upon your car entering the garage. Maybe even have them sign off on it. I do not have any paperwork to cover myself at this point and may lose money on this. Perfect way to ruin a great weekend in NYC!!!!!!! BE AWARE!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kevin N Kellie G
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Please accept my apology again for the situation you are dealing with, I certainly understand it is frustrating. It is unfortunate the hotel does not own or operate the valet service and garage in the building. I hope our security team has been helpful in assisting you with your claim. If we can be of further assistance, please reach out to me directly.

Kind regards,
Gerry Hughes
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Booked this hotel via hotwire for 2 nights in February 2012. The location is convenient for tourists—close to everything, including a subway stop, and it's easy to find because you can't miss the Hershey's Chocolate signs on the building next door.

We had a standard 2 double-bed room on the 39th floor. The beds were comfortable. The heat doesn't go below 68° F, which we found a bit warm for sleeping.

One bank of elevators are express to the 26th, so we never waited very long for an elevator or to get to the lobby.

The walls of this hotel are thin, we could hear the couple in the room next door chatting and, later, having sex. Alas, the TV's digital signal was often out, and a number of the channels were analog, so we weren't able to use the TV as a privacy buffer.

As with most business hotels, you have to pay for wifi ($15/day) and to use the gym.

The front desk was backed up Friday morning when we were checking out, otherwise the service at the hotel was prompt and cheerful.

Overall, I'm not sure I'd stay here if I was paying full price, but it was a deal for less than $125 a night!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MrsJRI

Thank you for your candid review. Please accept my apology for the TV issue you described. We have addressed this issue and hope you will return on a future trip to NYC.

Kind regards,