just came back today from 5 night stay in ny city for new years eve. after reading alot of reviews, had to write my own. Upon first arrival, I was impressed. By the location, outside appearance and the lobby/check in. That is about where the honeymoon ended. Not to say the rest was bad, but not what I expected after a good first impression.
Room: Okay...nothing worth talking about. NOthing to wow you at all. I was on the 40th floor. No view of the ball for times square, but okay view. Bathroom cabinets under sink was disgusting, dusty and old. The beds. I knew I woud write about this. Cheap. Uncomfortable. Old.... the mattress had a comforter type thing to make it FEEL as a pillowtop. NOT. The frame for the bed was smaller than the mattress. So if you sat on the edge, the mattress bends, all you can fall off. Room service menu is limited, no late night munchies.
Service: Concierge........10 am to 8 pm??????? not quite, gone by 6pm. front desk couldnt tell me that though, transferred me to them about 3 or 4 times, then got upset when I asked to check if they were still working..they werent. Room service never emptied our trash in the 5 nights we were there. 5 nights.
But, the hotel is in times square, good location to watch ball drop outsde at midnight. Security was rude on new years eve. So the good is the location, and lobby, room okay if only there at night. dont eat at the mama sbarros outside front, especially the breakfast buffet, cheap but horrible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Times Square, always New York's most exciting scene, seems all new now that the Crowne Plaza Times Square has reinvented itself. Come check out our $85 million re-invention, and see for yourself how modern design can provide a whole new kind of comfort. Enjoy one of our 795 well-appointed guest rooms outfitted with fresh contemporary accents and plush Sleep Advantage beds. Every room offers breathtaking views of Times Square, the famous Manhattan skyline or the Hudson River, unique among hotels in Times Square. Relax in our sleek lobby lounge, or have an evening cocktail in Broadway 49 Bar. Delight in a new spin on New American Eclectic cuisine at Brasserie 1605, one of the most exciting Times Square restaurants. With options like these, it's no wonder that New York seems so new. If you've come for a meeting, you'll benefit from the new tech-friendly environment. If you're here for an event, you'll revel in the open space and atmospheric lighting, and when you walk through our front door, you step onto Broadway dazzling lights, world-class entertainment and urban energy. That's how Crowne Plaza Times Square is keeping New York new for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Manhattan
- Crowne Plaza New York City