I was actually a little disappointed in this property. I went there for a work trip and typically they book events at high end hotels and I realize it's NYC and it's expensive but I expected a little more.
The lobby is in need of an upgrade. It's older, but not charming old. Everything seemed clean though. The room itself was fine- nothing exciting. It was a smaller room (typical for NYC standards) and they only had rooms with 2 doubles (no queens) and kings (we brought our children so we had to make do with the 2 doubles). The beds were ok- not amazing. We did have a room on the 46th floor and we had a magnificent view of Times Square.
The area is right smack in the middle of Times Square. There are LOADS of restaurants, theaters, and stores all walking distance. If you're going for that experience it's a great area to be in!
The service was not that great. No one was very friendly...the bellhop was rude. We gave him our ticket (we had the hotel keep our luggage while we explored the city after checking out) and he brought back our cart and just left it for us to deal with. No one helped us with the cart or our luggage as we loaded into a cab. I was so suprised! And it wasn't like there were tons of people waiting for their luggage- there wasn't anyone there! The front desk could work on being more friendly. I've been to NYC many times and it's not like it's a NY thing to be unfriendly at hotels.
We did have an amazing server in the bar/restaurant right in the lobby. I forgot her name, but she was warm, friendly and a complete gem. She was wonderful with our boys and was super attentive and she should train the rest of the staff at the hotel!
I went there for a business trip so I spent a considerable amount of time in the meeting rooms and again- there is room for improvement. The podium was so hideous- knicks and scratches all over the wood and the bottom of it had duct tape on a part of it. I was actually really surprised they would still use it. During the meeting the hotel was doing some construction which was super distracting. If I planned the meeting I would have been upset.
Bottom line- if you get a great deal and aren't planning on staying in the room too long then go for it...otherwise...keep looking. There are a ton of amazing hotels that I would consider before this one. Also- this isn't a 'luxury' hotel by my standards- but it was expensive, perhaps not $600 a night, but it was pricey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Times Square, always New York's most exciting scene, seems all new now that the Crowne Plaza Times Square has reinvented itself. Come check out our $85 million re-invention, and see for yourself how modern design can provide a whole new kind of comfort. Enjoy one of our 795 well-appointed guest rooms outfitted with fresh contemporary accents and plush Sleep Advantage beds. Every room offers breathtaking views of Times Square, the famous Manhattan skyline or the Hudson River, unique among hotels in Times Square. Relax in our sleek lobby lounge, or have an evening cocktail in Broadway 49 Bar. Delight in a new spin on New American Eclectic cuisine at Brasserie 1605, one of the most exciting Times Square restaurants. With options like these, it's no wonder that New York seems so new. If you've come for a meeting, you'll benefit from the new tech-friendly environment. If you're here for an event, you'll revel in the open space and atmospheric lighting, and when you walk through our front door, you step onto Broadway dazzling lights, world-class entertainment and urban energy. That's how Crowne Plaza Times Square is keeping New York new for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Manhattan
- Crowne Plaza New York City