US$257
US$320
US$309
Hyatt.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$222
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$276/night.

Avalon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$285
US$219
Agoda.com
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$165
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$192/night.

Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$145
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$171/night.

Sofitel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$231
Priceline
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$301/night.

Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$245
US$220
Cancelon
10,586 results
All reviewstimes squaresandra espgreat locationnew yorkcorner roomhudson riverbusy hotelhotel barbroadway showcentral locationbig appletwo double bedshigh floorrockefeller centerihgconciergeevelyn
Reviewed 19 August 2010

New York is awesome at anytime .This Hotel is well situated but has no outstanding features .It almost has a Hostel feel to it ,nobodys bothered if you are enjoying your stay or not .Which for the money you pay is somewhat hard to stomach .The Buffet breakfast consists of Croissant, cold meats and awful Coffee.The Pool was the most dissapointing feature.My 5 year old and I had to wait 15 minutes to use,once undressed .When allowed to, we had to share a very narrow lane with other families.This was really annoying as we had about as much room as we do at home in our rubber paddling pool in garden .Would only recommend if you can get a cheap deal .Don't expect too much from this joint

1  Thank ArtisansLondon
Reviewed 14 August 2010

We have just returned from staying at the Crowne Plaza in Times Square. It was my son's 18th birthday celebration.

We booked through Hotels.Com - swift and easy and they text me straight back to confirm the booking. Check in was smooth and easy and we had a lovely room on the 39th floor overlooking Times Square.

As it was my son's birthday I had e mailed the hotel before hand requesting a high floor (this reduces noise and it was very quiet on our floor). I also e mailed them about arranging a birthday cake to be delivered. I paid for this service.

They promptly e mailed me back every time. The cake was great (one of the nicest we have ever tasted) and it was delievered to the room as requested dead on the time I asked for. Two Maitre'd's came in with the cake and sang happy birthday to him!!

The hotel is right on Times Square - a fantastic location right in the heart of everything.
You could not ask for a better location. You are also right on Broadway.

The rooms were lovely and the beds and pillows are very very comfortable. They make the bed up and change the towels every day. A previous review said that they do not always provide enough towels and so I took a couple of extra with me. There were four of us in the room and we only got enough towels each time for three of us so be aware of this.

The only gripe I had was that the bath in our room was slightly chipped and the shower and plug in the bath was not working properly - but this was not a problem for us. However I expect these sort of things to be rectified in this quality of hotel.

The staff were very helpful and polite. We only ate in the hotel once for breakfast as it tends to be very pricey in the hotels. Breakfast cost about $100 for 4 of us and we only had continental but tea, coffee, juices etc are included in this. However there are hundreds of places you can eat breakfast (and lunch and dinner) for about $8 - $10 each!!! Opposite the hotel is a place (Italian sorry can't recall the name). All you can eat breakfast buffett - $8.95!!!

The guides will tell you there are enough places to eat in New York if you wanted to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in a different place every day for the whole of your life!!
It's true!

I can highly recommend getting the New York pass before you go. I got mine through Attraction Tickets Direct (who offer a fantastic serv ice). We saved so much money using this pass. It gives you entry into over 40 attractions and for some a fast track so you don't have to queue. It also saved us $10 each in Planet Hollywood and gets you discount in Macey's and other shops. Otherwise you are looking roughly at each attraction costing you in the region of $20 or so each person each time you visit.

At this time of the year the queue to go to see the Statue of Liberty is huge. We queued for 2 hours to get on the ferry (The only attraction the Pass does not fasttrack you!). Get there very early - we got there at 11.00 am and there were people later in the day when we got back being told they would not get to the Statue that day.

The all loops tour on the sightseeing buses are a must and the guides are very informative. These are hop on hop off and go in a circular route around Manhattan. The night tour is very very popular. You don't get off this one but to see Manhattan at night and you go over into Brooklyn and look back over the river to see that famous landsscape all lit up is just breathtaking.

As you walk the streets around Times Square you will be constantly asked by ticket sellers from the two companies that operate these tours. They are on commission so they need to sell sell sell. Once you tell them you have tickets it's not a problem. But there are hundreds of them!!!

Pay your respects at Ground Zero, go up Empire State Building - but must agree Top of The Rock (Rockerfella Centre) is by far better. The view is about the same but the whole experience is much nicer. Go up just before sunset and watch the lights come on - it's fantastic. Walk over Brooklyn Bridge - the view looking back towards Manhattan is wonderful and you can take some great photos.

They will charge you $15 each to go from 86th floor which is the observation floor in the Empire State building, to go up to the 102nd floor. It's not worth it - the view is just the same unless of course you want to be able to say you are at the highest point in Manhattan. Again expect some queues (about 15 mins) within the Empire State. You get the lift to the 82nd floor, come out go around in a circle - have your photo done with King Kong if you wish and then get back into the lifts to go up to the observation floor. It's a bit annoying this really.. We went to New York in February 5 years ago and we did not do this - so maybe it has something to do with the time of the year and numbers of people.

We pre booked (through Attraction Tickets Direct) to see Mama Mia - had excellent seats could not have picked any better myself. They give you a mini programme for each of you - why can't they do that in the West End ? !!

This is our second trip to New York and I love it. You will feel safe - police and traffic police are everywhere - not like the UK. I feel safer there than I do in London. People are very polite and friendly. One guy pointed out to my husband that the ruck sack bag he was carrying was open and he wanted to make sure that my husband did not loose anything out of it!!!

You can leave your suitcases with the concierge for the day before you fly home that eve. Just make sure they take the bags straight through. We stood and waited for them to do this as they may see to other peoples bags as well and we witnessed one concierge walk off and away from the bags leaving them unattended.

If you're looking for a great place to stay in Manhattan I cannot recommend this hotel enough. And if you have never been to New York before - YOU'LL FALL IN LOVE WITH IT!! - Have a great time!!

7  Thank Chathamclan
Reviewed 13 August 2010

This hotel is in the perfect spot to see Times Square, go to the theatre, head to Rockefeller Center, St. Patricks Cathedral. Just a great location. Great service from the staff. Room was clean and so comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2010

I took my 8 year old daughter to New York City in early August. I chose this hotel for its location. I wanted her to experience the hustle, and bustle-day and night. And I wanted to be able to walk to our hotel-day and night.

I have been to New York many times. This is the first time I stayed at a chain, instead of boutique, hotel. It was, BY FAR, the largest room I've ever been to in the city. I always feel 'who cares about the room size?' But, it really was more relaxing in the room than I'm used to in NY. Our room on the 39th floor was not the highest I'd ever stayed, but the first time I heard no traffic at all. Our view was okay(didn't pay for a view). We could see a sliver of Times Square, with better views of the west side and the Hudson/NJ. There are 6 or 8 elevators-never waited more than a minute. Housekeeping was always complete when we returned from a day out.

The hotel was impeccably clean. I never once saw anything amiss. Everyone was very friendly and kind. We were given a 2:00 late checkout without difficulty. The concierges were hit and miss. Do your research ahead, and know where you want to go. They are all great with times, and directions, but a couple of them didn't know much beyond the usual tourist sites.

It was pricey for me. I booked less than a week ahead. Most small hotels I checked were booked for one of our four nights(4). With more time to plan, I would probably go for the tiny room again, but I enjoyed our stay at the Crowne Plaza.

1  Thank NancyJL
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Stayed for four nights; family with two teenagers; used priority club points. Platinum Priority Club status provided access to the Club Lounge on the 46th floor, but no upgrade to an exec room.
Pros: Location (if you want people everywhere, inflated prices and easy access to various eateries, Broadway, tour buses start outside hotel etc.); Club lounge is a haven of tranquility with outstanding views, a good continental breakfast in the morning, coffee and soft drinks all day and nibbles and soft and hot drinks up to 8 in the evening; standard rooms are of average quality with coffee machine, flat screen tv, average bathroom; some members of staff were very polite and friendly.
Cons: Two double beds are small (in four person rooms); the toilet overflowed during the last night of our stay (didn't alert staff until check-out because it was our final night); breakfast, food and drinks are expensive (as expected in a 4* in this location); using the lifts can become stressful although the system works remarkably well considering the number of floors; the number of guests milling in the foyer and lift area became tiresome after a while; the leisure area was probably the worst I have experienced in a 4* hotel- swimming is in lanes within a timed period and swimming hats are mandatory, steam room was below average, changing rooms were badly maintained; some (low ranking) staff struggled to communicate with guests.
Generally- the Club lounge saved the day for us, but this is a hectic hotel that didn't provide the 'wow factor' for us despite not having to pay for it. If I was paying internet rates (i.e. approx $250 a night), then I would feel let down. If we visit the city again, then we would probably stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family