Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
US$228
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$205/night.

US$202
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$196
US$270
US$199
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$265/night.

Conrad New York(New York City)
US$286
US$236
Conrad.com
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$402/night.

Holiday Inn Manhattan - Financial District(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$113
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$152
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$145
  • Fitness centre
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$142
Official Site
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$164/night.

Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$139
10,387 results
All reviewstimes squaresandra espnew yorkpriority clubcorner roomhudson riverperfect locationbusy hotelhotel barbroadway showbig appletwo double bedshigh floorcentral parkrockefeller centerihgconcierge
Reviewed 26 January 2011

Right in the middle of times square, as the title of this review suggests, the location couldn't be better. Hotel staff all courteous and helpful. Nice bar and Restaurant, if a little pricey... Would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a great place to base themselves whilst visiting Manhattan!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2011

3 of us arrived here from Belfast on 1st December to stay for 1 week. I e-mailed the hotel prior to our visit and aksed about the room/possible upgrade/location of room/champagne on arrival etc., as this trip was a 21st present to one of the party!! I communicated with Donna Joseph-reservations, at the Crowne Plaza. Initially was quoted quite a bit for upgrade, but Donna eventually came back to me and informed me that our room would be upgraded at no extra cost! Talk about customer service - and before we even arrived! Anyway, we arrived around 3.30, but were told our room wouldn't be ready until 5pm. We didn't mind as we were super excited just being in New York!! The hotel kept our luggage while we went for a few Margaritas while we waited! I returned to the hotel at 4.45 and checked into Room 3201. WOW!! We had a corner room overlooking Times Square/Broadway. We woke in the morning, pulled the curtains, and there was The Empire State Building at our feet!! Surreal!! Donna also gave us complimentary breakfast for 3 days of our stay as a thank you for booking with them. This was greatly appreciated as Times Square is v expensive for food of any sort. Beds were super comfy with mattress toppers, duvet and selection of pillows. Bathroom was great size and lovely and cosy. Daily clean towels, toiletries etc. Maids/Room attendants were sooo pleasant on the few times we saw them. The hotel IS a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. I have no negatives at all. All staff so helpful and accommodating. I'd definitely stay here again and would highly recommend to anyone. I'd like to make a special mention of Barry, the duty Manager. On our last day we had booked a limo to take us back to Newark for our flight home - please don't even think of making reservations with a company called 'Limores'. They treated us so badly because we had what they deemed to be 'too much luggage'. Barry intervened for us and got our luugage plus us into the limo. The driver was so rude and aggressive and we found him really intimidating. Had it not been for Barry, I dunno what we'd have done. I hope he reads this as he was a godsend to us! Anyway, don't hesitate, get the Crowne Plaza booked. You'll love it! Wish I was there!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rosh01
Reviewed 18 January 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 8 nights over the New Year period.
We picked this hotel based on its location to Times Square.

Arrival
Due to the snow, public transport wasn't running so we got a taxi from JFK to the hotel. It took about 30/40 minutes and cost $50 (without tip!)

Location
The location of the hotel is pretty much on Times Square and is next to the Hershey chocolate shop and opposite M&M World. A short walk to the nearest subway.

Hotel
The hotel itself was ok, tastefully decorated for Christmas. The front entrance leads to the shops, bars, etc. The back entrance is where you get taxis from.
The reception is up some escalators on the first floor along with the concierge desk, a bar and a restaurant.

Room
We were in room 1811 which was a corner room and had a view of Times Square to the right; it was a fairly decent size. There was a television, tea & coffee, ironing board, hair dryer and safe. There was an adequate amount of storage space. The room was tired in places, i.e. plug sockets hanging off walls. The bathroom was small and even more tired than the bedroom, there was the usual toiletries provided. The room had climate controls which were easy to use and efficient.

Food & Drink
We didn't dine at the restaurant so I can't comment on that.
We did have a drink at the bar which was ok; they did mix up our drinks but sorted it out satisfactorily.

Staff
The majority of the reception staff were pretty rude, if I'm the only person standing at the reception queue and there's three staff behind the desk I do expect to be acknowledged even if they are doing something else. The phrase "Hello sir, I will be with you shortly" surely should be in the hotel staff handbook if not manners in general? We soon learnt not to ask the reception staff for any help. The concierge on the other hand were better, actually making an effort to look interested in the customer.
The maids went to the same staffing course as the reception staff I think. A couple of occasions we came back to our room about 4/5pm and the room wasn't ready! When we phoned to ask when it would be cleaned and a maid eventually turned up she looked at her watch and sighed.

Miscellaneous
- If you are going on the ferry to the statue of liberty definitely get there before 9am.
We got there as soon as they opened, joint the queue and before long the queue was massive. Also wrap up as it's right by the water and freezing.

Overall
The view from the room for New Years Eve was why we chose this hotel and we weren't disappointed. The room could have done with a bit of attention but it was adequate and the bed was really comfortable. My main criticism is that most of the staff we met definitely needs to be sent away on a manners and customer service course.
We had a great time and the hotel is fine but if I came back to New York at a time other than New Year I wouldn't return to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Benjamin_S
Reviewed 15 January 2011

I recently went to NYC mid December and instead of business I took my 10 year old daughter for her birthday. This was her first time to NYC so I wanted to make it a great experience. After help from others who have stayed there recently, we chose the Crowne Plaza Times Square (not one that I usually stay in while there) and was pleasantly surprised. The service from the front desk to the attendants and concierge was terrific. The restaurant was also very good. Great location and they worked hard to help us enjoy our time. I'm actually going to stay there again on business....I was truly impressed with this hotel, service and overall experience.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Texasfly
Reviewed 15 January 2011

Let's start from the good news. The hotel boasts with a very good central location. It's close to most everything. It has also very good beds, really. However, from the good side I can't recall anything. Regardless of the recent renovation, the hotel is definitely old and worn out. Breakfasts are mediocre. But what's the most annoying it is lazy, unprofessional staff of their club (concierge) lounge. And also bear in mind that on the highest floors of the hotel the wind is so high that it makes much noise in a room.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business