5,702 results
All reviews double tree great location new york warm cookies lexington avenue subway station rockefeller center central park times square king room around the corner few blocks street noise bolivar lobby nyc bellman
Reviewed 13 August 2018

I had genuine concerns about the cleanliness and safety of my room. I called the front desk on 4 occasions and no one picked up. I went down to the front desk and was treated as an inconvenience. No eye contact was made, no apologies given. On checkout I asked to speak to a manager and was told none were available. I contacted Hilton regarding my concerns and they were very apologetic and said I would hear from someone from this hotel within 48 hours.

It has been 2 weeks and it is clear that this hotel is not in any way concerned with retaining customers. So I will remain a loyal Hilton customer but I will never stay in this hotel again, nor can I in good conscience recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Kate H
Joseph D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, Kate.

It's disheartening to hear that you had such challenges during your time with us and that our team didn't go above and beyond to accommodate your needs or make you feel valued. We're also disappointed that our cleanliness didn't meet your expectations and that your room wasn't refreshed properly. The comfort and satisfaction of our guests is important to us so we'll be sure to address your concerns with the appropriate members of our team so that we may improve moving forward.

We do hope for the chance to demonstrate the high-caliber service we're accustomed to sharing with our guests.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

After having spent 4 weeks travelling around America, our final destination before returning home was New York. After having looked at the reviews for the Doubletree Metropolitan New York I thought great let's book. "Tripadvisor reporters!!! What were you thinking?!!!".

Where to start....free WiFi- yes on my reservation but when we checked in we got told only free in certain areas, we had to buy it!

Location- probably the only good bit, it was in an okay spot.

Room- disgusting see pictures. Dispute there being 4 of us in a room we only ever got 2 towels! Had to ring and request additional ones every day! The room was filthy and I have tried to capture it so you can see for yourselves.

Non smoking hotel- do not believe this. On arrival I walked along corridor to room and the smell of cannabis was so strong. I called reception and they said they wouldn send security up. Every day and night you could smell it but it seemed to be acceptable by the hotel.

I honestly thought that given it has the word "hilton" in it that it would have had a certain standard but seriously this hotel may be ok for singles but it is not appropriate for children not for people who have a certain expectation of cleanliness.

Sorry Hilton, you really let us down!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank louise c
Joseph D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, Louise.

We're disappointed that your stay with us was anything less than ideal and that our team didn't go above and beyond to make you feel welcome or valued. It's also unfortunate you've noticed a decline in the quality of our accommodations and that your room wasn't properly refreshed before your arrival. We care about the safety and comfort of our guests so we'll address all of your concerns with the appropriate members of our team so that we may improve moving forward. Don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to better accommodate you during a future stay.

We hope for the opportunity to host you again soon for a more positive experience.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Had problems with our rooms sink and shower draining slow which may have caused the room to have an odor.
Called the front desk and all they did is spray the room to cover up the odor.
On a positive note the location is centrally located in Manhattan but I would still not stay here again as there are other options nearby.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sanjay S

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, Sanjay.

We were disappointed to learn that the condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations and that our team didn't go above and beyond to accommodate your needs. Please be assured that this is not the standard that we aspire to and we will share your concerns with the appropriate members of our team moving forward.

We hope you allow us the chance to share a more positive experience with you soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Switched 2 rooms during stay in August 2018, due to air conditioners not working. I was told by staff, of course it's warm in your room, its 71 degress outside. As if this is normal. Staff not friendly, very rude, over talking me with a harsh tone. I Slept 3nights with box fans in a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel because air not working. I also scrapped my foot on a nail that was raised out of the floor... just a horrible experience! I'll never come back!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
3  Thank enicdavis

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

It's unfortunate you had such challenges during your stay with us and that our team didn't go above and beyond to make you feel welcome or valued. We're also disheartened our temperature control system didn't meet your expectations. It's important to us that our guests feel safe, relaxed, and comfortable during their time with us. We hold ourselves to a much higher standard so we'll address your concerns with the appropriate members of our team so that we may handle these issues moving forward.

We hope you allow us the chance to host you again soon for a more positive experience.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

I was teaching a class in capital markets for a large broker dealer. The venue and service was excellent, and exceeded my expectations. We had absolutely no issues with wifi connectivity, room temperature, and the staff was extremely helpful and proactive. The light breakfast, coffee, and afternoon break foods were excellent, abundant, and always on time. I want to especially commend our banquet services contact, Hercules, who took care of us like we were the only people there. And Tom Trisophon, manager of food and beverages, checked in to make sure all was well. Also, Manija Raofi, our services manager made sure everything was always set up correctly.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Thanks for the lovely review!

We're delighted you enjoyed your time with us so much and that our team took such excellent care of you! It's also fantastic you appreciated our delicious breakfast selection. We care deeply about the happiness and satisfaction of our guests and your praise lets us know we're doing our job.

We look forward to hosting you again soon for another amazing experience. Have a lovely day!