“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #274 of 467 Hotels in New York City
ireland
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed in this hotel from the 11th feb to 16th feb and couldnt fault anything about this hotel. We had room 4818 which overlooked times square, the views were amazing. It was great having a newsoaoer delivered to your room first thing every morning. The bed in this hotel was the most comfortable ive ever stayed in. We had queen room. Bathroom was spotless and tolitries and tea/coffee were refilled everyday and towels were changed. we didnt eat or drink in hotel so cant comment on that. but receptionst staff were very friendly and concierge erick was really nice and we also used the theatre booking desk to book a show and this gentleman was great in suggesting a show for us and got us a real good price. this is a hotel i would definetly return to, but just be aware if your going to shop in Macys, Old Navy etc it is bout 7 to 10min walk. but subway is 2 minutes from hotel.

Room Tip: room 4818 had excellent views its a superiour queen room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lisa1983

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (909)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed at the Millennium Broadway in August of last year (2011) for 2 nights as part of a tour package. I am no stranger to New York city hotels, and the location for this one is really top notch. You are directly in Times Square, but the rooms were all relatively quiet (it IS New York afterall) and spacious. The bathrooms were comfortable and modern, with plenty of amenities.

The front desk staff was helpful and pleasant. The only reason this hotel did not get 5 stars from me is that there was some confusion during check-in and the room assignments and the initial front desk agent we dealt with was abrupt and somewhat rude. **Please Note: This was only due to us travelling with a large group, and any other time I dealt with the staff they were polite, pleasant and very helpful.

Room Tip: If you want a great view of Times Square and the New York Skyline, ask to have a room facing Times S...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

stayed at the mil broadway for four nights and had a great time. minutes from times square and close to all amenities. stayed on the 34th floor and had an amazing view. wasn't too happy with the cleaning staff not changing the sheets everyday, but oh well. overall if you get a deal, like we did from travelzoo it is worth it.

Room Tip: higher floors = better views
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

This hotel is in a great location. The staff was attentive and the room was great--quiet and large by NY standards. I would recommend this to anyone and will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank alliswell252
Pacific Palisades, CA.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I recently stayed here for an overnight business trip and was super impressed with the whole experience. I had a little mix-up with my reservation in the beginning (not due to the hotel) and the front desk agent was super polite and helpful with my situation. After helping me sort out the problem for 20 minutes, she offered to give me a room upgrade for the trouble, and with the headache I had, I was looking forward to relaxing in a nice room.

I will forever request a room like this, when I stay here! I was on an upper floor, with a view of the Empire state building, the Conde Nast building (4 Times Square,) The Paramount Building, and the shimmering, blinking taxis & lights of Times Square below.

I have to say, I never once turned the TV on. I did order room service to request a coffee pot in my room, from which I made some excellent flavored tea before bed, and of course morning coffee. From the concierge, I ordered an in room massage, since my headache was getting out of control from that long flight and reservation mix up.

Within a half hour of my request, I had an amazing masseuse set up her table in front of the windows where I could glance down at Times Square, in between the relaxing kneading of a deep tissue massage. After an hour, my headache was gone, and I felt completely refreshed and ready for a stroll to hunt down some good pizza.

I had one King size bed which was so comfortable, I didn't wake up once until my alarm went off, and I woke up totally refreshed. The bathroom fixtures were all clean and working, which is a BIG deal to me. I can't stand a creepy hotel bathroom. The tub was big, and the shower head was high enough that a tall person could easily stand under it.

The wi-fi location was good. There was no noisy maid service banging on all the doors like you hear sometimes, when they're trying to rush everyone out. There was just a newspaper at my door, and a polite maid in the hallway who chatted with me for a moment when I was on my way out.

When I made my way downstairs, the Bellmen remembered me, said hello, opened the door for me and wished me a good day.

And when I got to the studio that morning to work, people were talking about what fun they had the night before, going out all night, eating and drinking, but all I could think was- I wouldn't trade it for the refreshing and relaxing night I had!

Room Tip: Get a suite if you can, or request a room with a view, or a breakfast / wi-fi room upgrade.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business