“ Very good, but not exceptional ”

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square
Ranked #282 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I wanted to be impressed by this hotel. The stunning lobby passes through between 44/45th Streets. My room was spacious by New York standards, the bank of elevators runs smoothly, and you do truly get a sweeping view of the skyline from your room window. But there is just something off about this hotel. The hallway to the room is reminiscent of a college dorm. The guestroom is clumsily configured with the bathroom door opening in the wrong direction so that it hits the entry door. The lamp on my nightstand was falling apart and the clock doesn't work. A basic breakfast is available for $20 or more. You must use caution in booking a room because there are so many online deals that the price for the same room on the same day can vary widely.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
niekmestdagh, Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear JImbenben2,
thank you very much for your review. Looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Upon entering the hotel (which is beautiful) we were greeted with smiles and incredible hospitality. A young lady at the front desk named Syeda assisted is in obtaining our room much sooner than expected so we could get settled in, and also provided us with a refrigerator at last second notice. She follows up with us to make sure we were well taken care of. Her contribution made this hotel and our first stay in New York very enjoyable. Can't wait to come back! Thank you Syeda!

Room Tip: Reserve the superior room. Incredible views!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear ScottJB411,
Thank you very much for your review and I am pleased to read that Syeda was making you feel home away from home. We hope to see you soon again.

Kind regards, Niek

Reviewed 18 August 2017

We usually stay in W hotel, this time W hotel was sold out so we decided to try the Millennium. It was Amazing! We get to the hotel at 1 pm thinking we won't be able to get in until 4 pm but the agent (Syeda) greeted us and checked us in right away also gave us a upgraded room with a view. She was very pleasant and made us feel very welcoming! Thank you once again for an amazing stay Syeda! We will be coming back.

Room Tip: Ask for Syeda
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cynthia R

Dear Cynthia,

thank you for the great review. I am pleased that Syeda was so accommodating and that all worked well. Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Used Hotel Tonight to rent this spot, knowing they have room set aside for customers like me. First room I went to(after being told at front desk, don't smoke), smelled like someone just left there after smoking. Was willing to deal with it and open the window, but then I went to the bathroom and tried to wash my hands. The sink was clogged and wouldn't drain properly. So I go downstairs and ask can I be moved. They move me up two floors. In the midst of me moving, I forgot to grab my headphones and glasses from the room(realized that the next morning as I'm packing). The room I was moved to, the door had to be closed to make sure it was shut, since the frame and door didn't agree with with each other. When I depart the hotel, I ask about seeing if I could go check the room for my items. The person at the reception desk said, someone is staying in that room now. I asked, are you saying you gave the room to someone after I was in there without cleaning it..(note I changed rooms at 645). He then goes to the manager on duty who said, we called the room and no one answered. When I said can you check security because if someone cleaned it, my items should have been picked up and and placed there. He calls the room and miraculously, someone answers the phone (or he had a conversation with someone in front of me) and said they don't see the items. I depart and finally call he hotel to see if anyone turned it in, security said no. My stay at this hotel was more than disappointing, for the following reasons..room full of smoke, charge $5 for using internet and printing when I'm only on there for 1 minute, give me credit I will never use for the internet, clogged drain, doors don't shut in their own, elevator for the high floors take a minimum of four minutes to come to your floor to get you, giving rooms to people when the room wasn't clean, yes I should have gotten my items upon departing the room but hey, if you cleaned the room my Maui Jim sunglasses and Bose Wireless Heart Rate headphones should've been turned in..this hotel needs a major renovation and hopefully, their corporate office will do just that..this is not a four star hotel, not in NYC or any other city. Maybe a two.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank man73
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Steps from Time Square action. Non-stop action. Hotel was nice. Polite staff. Room was very nice, clean and well maintained. They were able to hold our bags until our room was ready and also held them after we checked out so we could go around the city more. They need better towels and they do not have a pool. Overall very nice.

Room Tip: Maybe request a room on the upper levels for better views. We were on floor 17 and couldn't see...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
niekmestdagh, Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Revtec,
thank you very much for your review. We are indeed just steps away from Times Square and we are happy that all worked well and our staff was able to help and assist you.
Looking forward to see you again.