4,336 results
All reviewsrooftop barhaven rooftoptimes squarenew yorkrooms are smallcontinental breakfastbagelsdoor staffour honeymoonbrick wallperfect locationconcierge servicerockefeller centerfantastic hotelbig applecentral parkaround the corner
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We were there during Hurricane Irene...the staff was wonderful to us, it was like staying with family. The hotel is right off Times Square and is close to all Broadway Shows and convenient to everything. Everything you will want to do is close by.

1  Thank mepops
Reviewed 31 August 2011

The Sanctuary was a great experience from the moment we checked in. Angie greeted us and made us feel like she was excited we were there. Lenny arranged dinners for us both nights at two wonderful restaurants, The Oceana and Le Masseria. He also personally walked us over to 48 a great cocktail lounge pror to going to the theatre. We will definitely come back and stay there. The room are small, typical NYC but just perfect. Great bed, Large TV and nice shower. It was a half block walk to the middle of Time Square...thank you for making our two nights special.

Room Tip: Make sure you call Lenny prior to arriving he can really make your time special.
1  Thank John g
Reviewed 31 August 2011

So I stayed at the Sanctuary for a couple of nights. I had been with contact with the hotel over Twitter and had let them know I had an early flight into NYC. I showed up at 7am and was immediately given a room. For some reason, the room was occupied, but due to a Do not Disturb sign on the door, I never entered the room. I came back downstairs and was immediately given another room which I was told was bigger than the previous occupied one. The room was kind of small, but I have to admit, I didn't need more. The free wi-fi, great mattress and ipod dock to the alarm clock were very welcome. The only thing which I couldn't figure out was the light switches. I must be dense, but half the time, they didn't work. I stubbed my toe going to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Another weird thing, was the door man. he was always really nice and helpful, but half the time wasn't at the door.
Also, they keep your luggage for free after check-out.
All in all coming in for a conference, I couldn't ask for more. I hate chain hotels. They're non personal. This was a great stay with a few bumps.
I was told the hotel hasn't had it's official opening yet, I couldn't tell. this hotel was amazing.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Olivier_Amar
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Stayed 5 nights in August. The renovations in the main lobby are AMAZING! Place looks and feels a million bucks. We seemed to have a room in the older, still being renovated part of the hotel. There was a decent hole in the wall (wasn't actually a wall, had just been boarded up) straight to the outside right next to our door and we were constantly dodging workmen every day in the hallway and stairway. However once inside, the room was amazing. Shower - LOVED! Decently sized for New York. Only complaint was that the air conditioner was very loud. Didn't sleep very well most nights as when the air conditioner was on it was too loud to get to sleep but when it was off the room was just too hot!

Customer service was amazing, staff offered maps and gave suggestions of places to visit which was much appreciated.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

My partner and I celebrated our birthdays and anniversary in NYC over the weekend. Lenny was so sweet and hospitable, as was the rest of the staff. The hotel is beautiful. It's dark and very chic and visually stunning. The location is golden. Just steps from Times Square, the tickets booth, the subway and great places to eat. The rooms are small. The showers are glorious! We probably showered 3 times a day each just because it was so luxurious. There were basic amenities in the room hair dryer, safe, mini fridge, iron, and that's all you need. The bed was so soft and so comfortable. The design was just our style. Not stuffy, not uncomfortable, just elegant and inviting. We definitely want to get back as soon as possible. I'm afraid to see the rates in the late fall, but I have to get back to our Sanctuary. Even though we were in the city for the "killer hurricane Irene". We never felt anything but relaxed and comforable the whole weekend. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2011