Sanctuary Hotel New York
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$123
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$176
US$150
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$105
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$133
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$178/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$116
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

US$258
US$189
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$217/night.

US$240
US$190
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$229/night.

Holiday Inn Manhattan - Financial District(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$118
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Bar/Lounge
Conrad New York(New York City)
US$401
US$374
Conrad.com
4,254 results
All reviewsrooftop barhaven rooftoptimes squarenew yorkcontinental breakfastrooms are smallbagelsdoor staffcupcakesour honeymoonbig applefantastic locationbrick wallconcierge servicerockefeller centercentral parkaround the corner
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Well, where to start...I guess I should start by pointing out the door keeper waiting for my girlfriend and I as we walked down the street looking for the hotel; it's like he knew us for a long time! He greeted us cheerfully and quickly brought us to the front desk for an expedited check-in (They let us check-in early, very nice).

I quickly noticed that the hotel was in fact really modern looking. It has a dark, romantic feel to it; very different from anything I have seen before. Thumbs up for interior designing.

The room was very clean and neat; just like previous reviews had mentioned. I could say that the room size is small/compact; but then again, it is NYC. I would not really recommend the Deluxe Queen room for a business traveler, for there is no enough room to work. The shower was really spacious and practical; not a problem for tall guys (I'm 6'5"). Bed comforter and sheets were nice and crisp, really cozy! The view from the seventh floor was not bad at all; I was expecting just a wall in front of me, but in fact, I was able to see many different buildings and get a glimpse of the city lights.

Overall, I had a great experience. The concierge gave us some nice restaurant suggestions, and boy am I glad I took his advice!

A few things to point out:

TV: Remote control was not accessing the menu/pay-per-view. I swapped remotes at the front desk. Still did not work. I'm not a big TV watcher, so I didn't really mind.

WIFI: Did not work 90% of the time using my iPhone. When it did, it was really slow. Again, I didn't really mind because I had 3G and did not have to do any work while in the hotel.
Breakfast: The hotel currently does not have a kitchen, so there are limitations to your meal (No eggs, bacon, pancakes and that stuff). Other than that, fresh fruits, awesome OJ, tasty bread, and some other goodies.

Mini Bar: Awesome selection (wine, beer, FIJI water, and more). But very expensive, like most mini bars.

I Rated a 4 for Condition/Maintenance due to the WIFI and TV.

A+ Service, great location, friendly staff, hip atmosphere, and the coolest bartender (Tom).

Room Tip: Higher Floors: Nice View
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My wife and I were stabled at the sanctuary over christmas holiday. The staff was very friendly and tended to our every need. Very good service, however there should be a bottle opener fixed to the wall or somewhere near the minibar. Also, our room was located near the elevator which had squeaking doors that interrupted our sleep. Overall it was good and we intend on staying again soon. Location was great also!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Sanctuary Hotel. You picked a perfect time to join us for the holidays.

I want to let you know that we have addressed your concerns and the issues with the elevator was immediately resolved.

Should your travels bring you back to New York City, please contact me directly. I would be more than happy to assist you with your booking.

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed 1 January 2012

Very good experience at Sanctuary, the staf very friendly and helpful,room clean and beautiful but a little bit tiny. Near Time Square, Radio City Music Hall, Rock Feller Center. Maybe the only think that should be add is a restaurant inside the hotel. For the rest everything was perfect.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing a review of us on Tripadvisor.com

We appreciate when guests of our take the time to provide us with feedback. I hope that your next experience with us will be even better.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2011

We spend nine nights in the sancturay hotel around christmas.
The hotel is well located and we could go almost everywhere by feet.
Although it was located near Broadway (theater district) and times square, the room was very quite. A little small and yet very comfy.
A particular care was brought to the design of the room and entry of the hotel, and as a design teacher I appreciated it, but the room for the breakfast looked poor and unfinished with the plastic furnitures.
The staff were very nice and helpful.
I just regret the loss of a pair of sleeping socks ... I guess it was taken to the laundry with the sheets.

Reviewed 30 December 2011

My husband and I stayed at The Sanctuary Hotel on a recent 37-hour trip to New York to see a Broadway show. We were originally booked at the Hotel Mela, but due to a Travelocity error (this was part of a package trip), the Mela was booked and they moved us to The Sanctuary.

We were thrilled with the location. After checking in at 8:30 p.m. (only to pass a couple of "Real Housewives of New York" as we entered the hotel) we took quick walk to Rockafeller Plaza for ice skating. The next day, we walked to just a few blocks to the subway for a visit to the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island. We also walked just a few blocks to dinner and then to the show at the Al Hirshfeld Theatre that evening. The location just can't be beat.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. While waiting for the SuperShuttle to the airport at 4:15 a.m. my husband asked if they had any coffee available. While they didn't have any coffee, the doorman offered to run across the street to get some for us.

The front desk staff were always friendly and willing to give us directions without making us feel stupid for being out-of-towners.

The room was small, as I had expected. I'd say it was just a tad bigger than my college dorm room, but for our purposes it wasn't a big deal. There was just enough room to walk around the bed and a small closet. The glass shower had a rainfall spout (I prefer a regular spout with more water pressure). The bed looked directly into the shower, so you have to be comfortable with your roommate! There is a curtain you can close for privacy, but there is not much space outside the shower, so it could fee a bit claustraphobic. The toilet is set apart with a real door, but I couldn't figure out how to turn on the light.

The only complaint I have it that the sheets were the scratchiest sheets I've ever felt... and I'm not really picky.

The overall ambiance of the hotel is dark, but in a trendy way. The free breakfast is average. Lots of carbs and little in the way of protein -- cereal, bagels, rolls, etc.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for it's friendly staff and outstanding location if you are going to a show near Times Square.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for providing us with such great feedback regarding your stay.

We make every effort to provide each of our guests with a memorable visit. Our S.T.A.R (Service Tailored to Any Request) program and philosophy focuses on creating a unique experience personalized for each individual. If coffee is what you wanted at 4:15am, while you were waiting for your transportation, then that is what we will deliver.

I am glad that your enjoyed your overall stay and we will certainly address your concerns in regards to the linen.

We hope to see you again soon, so that you can experience even more of what the Sanctuary Hotel has to offer.

Best Regards,