US$226
US$165
US$139
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$116
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$162/night.

Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$198
  • Room Service
The Paul Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$149
AscendHotels
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$160
  • Fitness centre
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$248
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$116
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$159/night.

Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$99
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$163/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$98
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$150/night.

4,279 results
All reviewsrooftop barhaven rooftoptimes squarenew yorkcontinental breakfastrooms are smalldoor staffcupcakesour honeymoonbrick wallperfect locationconcierge servicerockefeller centerfantastic hotelbig applecentral parkyogurt
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Location is perfect for Times Square which is a 2 minute walk, because you are not directly on Times Square the noise level is not too bad at all. The beds are amazing, never have I experienced such a comfortable bed in a hotel and I have stayed in quite a number over the years.
The breakfast is a simple continental but included which is quite unusual for New York, this saved quite a bit of time when we needed to be up and off to see the sights.
the rooftop bar is amazing especially at night
However, what makes this hotel stand out is the superb staff team, who maintained the personal touch throughout our stay. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they really cared about us enjoying our time in New York, they managed a delivery of a package for me which arrived before we did, accommodated my room request and even threw in a complimentary upgrade.
the concierge services provided by Brandon and Jacob were second to none.
Karen Chi was friendly and helpful throughout .
I don't know what the general manager pays them but I hope he realises what and asset they are to his business and rewards them well !

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mimstravels
Reviewed 15 December 2012

We recently stayed at the Sanctuary during our trip to NYC to see The Who and do a little Christmas shopping. We had never used at the hotel but relied on the reviews we saw on Trip Advisor and booked our stay. The rooms are very nice - clean and well appointed with a funky/fun design - a real boutique hotel. What truly differentiates this hotel, though, are the people. We have travelled a lot and I can honestly say this was the friendliest group of hosts/hostesses we have ever encountered. It felt like they were having fun and that was very clearly conveyed in their interactions with us and, I'm sure, the rest of the guests. The other hidden gem, at least in our view, is Haven, the rooftop restaurant/bar. We spent time there both evenings and we really enjoyed ourselves. Being on the roof in winter (yes it is protected and heated) with the city lights as a backdrop was wonderful. They have adopted a ski-lodge theme which was a lot of fun.

We highly recommend Sanctuary!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2012

This hotel is a little gem of a hotel in Times Square. It has a great location and the room was actually bigger than a lot of the rooms I had stayed in (especially in NYC). I decided on the deluxe queen. They had a great deal-- less than $200 for a Sunday night stay, two free cocktails, and free breakfast in the morning. The staff was very helpful and really easy to deal with, the room was clean, and it was in a great location.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I had a wonderful time last week while staying three nights at the Sanctuary. I selected the "Arrive in Style" package and was treated like a king-- picked up at the airport in a Bentley and then assigned a personal concierge (Brandon) to help with making reservations and recommendations for food and attractions during my stay. The room size was great for NYC, very comfortable, and stylish. The rooftop restaurant/lounge was a fun place to relax and the servers went out of their way to make me feel "at home". The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. The location was perfect-- half a block from Times Square, near excellent restaurants, and close to the subway. I will definitely stay at the Sanctuary again and recommend it to others. -- Louis M.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 December 2012

My wife and I visit New York every December, last year we booked the Sanctuary for the first time and raved about it, we immediately booked up for this year and told friends that if they were heading to NY look no further than this hotel.
I got slightly worried when friends took our advice in the Summer and I received a text from them saying 'you are easily pleased !!!'.
On explanation our friends detailed they found the hotel OK but nothing to write home about so we were a little more apprehensive than we wanted to be.

We stayed 5 nights last week, our check in was as good as I expected when at 2.45pm a very helpful receptionist explained that she wanted to give us the best room available so needed 10 mins to prepare one, so we disappeared for a coffee and came back.
She made us feel very welcome and went to great lengths to explain she wanted our room to be perfect so needed a little time to ensure she could achieve this, when we returned we were given room 209.
During our coffee my wife and I were a little excited about the room we would be given given that our last room was excellent.

New York hotel rooms are generally small but this one was nowhere near the standard we had last year - it turns out that we were upgraded last year without being told (reception later confirmed this)which explained why we were so impressed on our previous visit, this time we had a standard room and whilst I know hotels in December aren't cheap if I'm paying almost $2000 for a 5 night stay I expect better than what we got.
At a guess I would say the room measures 150 square feet, and that includes bathroom area - this room also has no window, actually there is a small frosted window that you can't shift and it lets in virtually no natural light.
The room is also next door to a housekeeping cupboard and whilst we heard the housekeeping team I have to say we were never disturbed during sleeping hours.
The air conditioning system doesn't work - set the temperature at 70 degrees and within 5 minutes you'll be nicely roasting at 78, set it for 66 degrees and you might reduce it to 75 degrees if you're lucky, turn the damn thing off and you'll be semi-comfortable.
I tried reproting this (by phone) but the front desk was permanently engaged - later in our stay we started receiving some late calls with no-one at the other end so I figured there was a problem with the phone system - the day we left the concierge, bellboy and front desk were all engaged at 5.30am so clearly a problem somewhere..

The bed was too soft (suits some people obviously but both my wife and myself have back issues), no cupboards for hanging clothes just a small alcove big anough for half a dozen items, also, the elevator was broken for a couple of days so guests shared the goods elevator with deliveries/housekeeping etc.
Not a major issue for us as we were on lev 2 but it did prevent us from going to the Haven bar at roof level which I was told is excellent.
The only upside was the shower which is excellent - and the shower room was strangely spacious.

My problem was more with the expectation, having visited New York many times it's now an annual vacation for us and one that we look forward to very much, having experienced such a great stay in 2011 virtually everything about this visit was a disappointment.

We though we had found 'our' hotel but it's back to the drawing board....

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank UK2NY
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

We are sadden by the fact that your 2nd visit was a disappointment.

You did indeed receive a complimentary upgrade during your previous visit and I'm sorry that we were not able to provide you with the upgrade this time around. We make every effort to provide each and every guest with the best possible experience.

Our rooms are designed with the intent of maximizing use of space and most important…comfort. Frette sheets, duvets and terry, while crystal chandeliers add glamour that present and overall ambiance that is inviting and warm. Our shower design is something that guests simply rave about. Additionally, majority of our guests do enjoy the plush pillow-top mattresses.

As you stated in your review, we focus heavily on service and I'm very sorry that you were disappointed with your expectations. We would love another opportunity to create that "home away from home" that you are seeking. Please contact me directly for future reservations, so that I can personally assist you. I can be reached at jeremy@sanctuaryhotelnyc.com.

Best Regards,