Shelburne Hotel & Suites by Affinia
US$179
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$202/night.

Holiday Inn Manhattan - Financial District(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$113
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

US$199
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$245/night.

Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$196
US$179
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$229
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$152
  • Room Service
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$142
Official Site
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$250/night.

Conrad New York(New York City)
US$236
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$402/night.

Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$145
  • Fitness centre
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$139
5,116 results
All reviewsmurray hillrooftop barthe empire state buildinggrand central stationrare bar and grillscotty's dinerpillow menunew yorkwine hourone bedroom suitelexington avenuefew blockscomplimentary winesmall kitchentimes squaretwo queen bedshotel restaurant
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Located in the midst of lots of cool local restaurants and bars, the Affinia Shelburne impressed us in every way. The style was warm and classy. We had a room that faced Lexington Avenue with windows that opened to let in the unique sounds of NYC. With the windows closed, you could relax in the quiet, spacious room. From the flat screen TV to the near perfect water faucets in the sink and shower they simply didn't miss a trick. The king size bed was super comfy and included LED reading lights on each side of the bed. The location was close enough to walk to many major tourist spots. The it's situated in the middle of a neighborhood with amazing homes and apartments. We didn't try the bar but it was busy at all hours. Perhaps our favorite surprise was the rooftop bar that offers amazing views of the NYC skyline - super romantic. My limited contact with the staff was positive each time. Would have loved free WiFi - paying for it in a luxury hotel feels like a fleecing considering most roadside motels offer free WiFi - you can't have it all! Simply put the Affinia exceeded our expectations in every category.

1  Thank ttabor01
affiniaduny, General Manager at Shelburne Hotel & Suites by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2010

Dear ttabor01,

As General Manager of the Affinia Shelburne Hotel, I am so pleased to read your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are very proud of our newly renovated property and appreciate you posting your feedback on TripAdvisor. We look forward to the opportunity to connect with you again in the future.

David McManus

Reviewed 17 June 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights on our honeymoon. The room was nice and clean. The lobby and common areas are nicely done. The staff are great. But our favorite part of the hotel was the rooftop. It wasn't all fitted out like it is during the summer, but the view was amazing. We spent a lot of time soaking in the view from up there. Amazing place. Hope to stay there again and in warmer weather.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
affiniaduny, Manager at Shelburne Hotel & Suites by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2010

Dear Kbelle10,

My name is Jennifer Baldwin and I am the Assistant General Manager of the Affinia Shelburne Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback of our Hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased to hear that you connected with our amazing staff and had an opportunity to enjoy the amazing views from Rare View! We look forward to having you back as our guest in the future.

Jennifer Baldwin

Reviewed 17 June 2010

Stayed at the Affinia Shelburne for four nights at the start of June. First impressions: I liked the exterior of the hotel and the liking continued on entering the reception area. While it's not huge it's nice and airy and has that piped scent that seems to be more and more popular these days. Check-in was quick and painless; in the lift and on the way up to our room in less than five minutes.
Had room 1206, which I really liked. It was a good size, with plenty of room to throw your stuff around without tripping over it. Got upgraded (prior to check-in I should note) to a studio room so we had a kitchenette with the fridge/ ice maker unit - that was a god send. There was plenty of room to leave our drinks in there and to not have to wander down hotel halls looking for an ice machine was so lovely. We didn't really use the kitchenette a whole lot apart from that but nice to know that it was there all the same. The bathroom was quite cosy but that didn't bother me. Much prefer to have the extra space in the room itself. The bathroom was perfectly serviceable with lovely toiletries and really loved the dimmer switch on the lights - nothing worse than getting up in the middle of the night and being blinded! We even had a view of the river from our room, slightly restricted granted but a view all the same! The bed was by far the crowing glory of the room because I don't think I've ever slept so well in a strange bed. I think it was even more comfortable than my bed at home! It was so comfy I didn't want to get out of it in the morning, in spite of the lure of the shops!
Restaurant: Didn't actually eat in the hotel but by all accounts it is well worth trying out a burger. Can however vouch for their mojitos - nice :-D
Roof Bar: Smashing spot. Indulge in your favourite tipple while trying to decide whether the Empire state or the Chryster building looks more astounding when lit up at night. Definitely take the time to make your way up if you stay here.
Overall, location worked for me. Easy to acces both ends/ sides of the island and really liked the neighbourhood with loads of places to eat and drink if you take a wander down the 3rd avenue. Would definitely stay here again

1  Thank Neevus
Reviewed 14 June 2010

After reading all the previous reviews we decided to go ahead and book this hotel. It was better than we expected. hotel was lovely with a nice restuarant/bar attached. room was very nice and spacious for NY, bed was very big. Bathroom was small but modern & clean & well layed out. Service in the hotel was very good and the location was perfect about a 10 min walk to Time Sqaure. We had a great stay.

1  Thank lizdublin
affiniaduny, General Manager at Shelburne Hotel & Suites by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2010

Dear lizdublin,

My name is David McManus and I am the General Manager of the Affinia Shelburne Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback TripAdvisor. We are so pleased to hear that you connected with our staff and everything the Affinia Shelburne has to offer! I look forward to having you back as our guest in the future.

David McManus

Reviewed 8 June 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights and I have to say it was a fantastic hotel to stay in. My husband was working in New york and I got to the hotel before him and they allowed me to check in even though the room was in his name, which was great after 8 hours of travelling. The doorman which I think his name is Dennis was such a gentleman. Unfortunately I forgot to tip him when I was leaving but I will be going back to stay again on my next visit to New York and will not forget him this time. Even the cleaning staff were very friendly. We stayed in a suite which had a view of the empire state building and there is a lovely bar on the 16th floor which has amazing views at night. Empire state building, Grand central station, Macy's and Times square are a walk away.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank trayg

Dear trayg,

As Assistant General Manager of the Affinia Shelburne Hotel, I am so pleased to read your feedback on your recent stay with us! Dennis sends his warm regards :) and we all look forward to connecting with you again in the future!

Jennifer Baldwin