Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$334
US$296
  • Room Service
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$219
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$170
  • Pool
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$247
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$134
US$302
US$269
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$179
  • Room Service
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$279
US$420
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
8,899 results
All reviewsthe club loungecentral parktimes squaregreat locationnew yorkbusy hotelstarbucks coffeelarge hotelfew blocksrockefeller centersubway stationhigher floorbig applestreet noiseelevatorlobbynyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Great place to stay. Very central and easily accessible. They haven't changed the name on the front of the hotel though so if you arrive on foot be prepared to be confused. The hotel is very functional. They were very busy and there was a lot of traffic in the common areas. We only used the room for sleeping in and so not going to comment on any of their services. Bed was very comfortable.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views of the city and even a corner of Central Park,
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! I am happy you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and our newly renovated rooms. We are happy to provide our guests a space where they can relax and renew.

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square, Central Park and Great Shopping it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the city in an economical way. We look forward to your next visit!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed for 3 nights. The hotel is situated perfectly to egg about and see the sights. It's lovely to step straight out into Times Square.
The room was 'cosy' but had everything we needed.
The staff were great, and they held our bags for the last day for about $3 a bag.
The main gripe was the charge for wifi, $14.95 per room, per PC!! That felt like a rip off! We were a family of three each with a phone wanting wifi. That would put me off booking here in future.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team.

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square Central Park and great shopping it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the city.

Here we take guest feedback very seriously and will take into consideration all of your thoughts. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to New York.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is a follow up to my previous review of this hotel. I spent 3 months arguing with them over the money that was with held from my account, and in that time I spoke to 7 different staff members and got just as many different responses. It ranged from, ïts standard procedure", to, "well these things happen", to the ever popular "its not our fault", until finally i was told, that there are no records of money being taken or held from my account by them. In other words it didnt happen. Well it did happen and I have proof that it happened. One of their staff members looked me in the eye and admitted they were holding it. I would just like them to admit they were at fault and be held accountable for their pathetic customer service. How in the world they can claim to be a 4 star hotel is a disgrace when they have rude staff, unclean rooms, and take money from guests account without their knowledge or permission, and when they get called about it, shrug their shoulders and say, "well sometimes these things happen". I was even told by a rude staff member on their facebook page, ÿou got a free breakfast from us, what more do you want?"i dont care about your over priced lukewarm breakfast. I want just for once, people in customer service to actually put the customers needs first instead of taking their money and not giving a damn. You took $100 from my account without my permission and when it was brought to your attention you promised me it wouldnt happen again. But it did, over and over and over again, until you had with held $200 from my account, even though I never once charged anything to room service. I dont consider, I dont know, or "we're sorry but its not our fault"as a valid reason or explanation. Its a lame excuse at best. If i racked up that much in room service charges i wouldnt have gotten so much as a big toe out the front door before you would have had the cops on me. Yet you can take or hold this money from guests accounts, yet not give it back to them until 2 weeks later when they have left the country. How can you do this and not be charged or someone sacked over this? When I was still at the hotel i was told by a staff member that he would be in constant contact with me until i had my money back. Yet when i got back to Australia I get an email from another staff member saying he had passed the matter onto her as he didnt want to handle it. Well tough. You screwed up, cost me money and promised me you would handle it, so do your job properly, if you can. I wasnt the only one staying at that hotel who had complaints about rude staff or the smell in some rooms. Then they had the nerve to tell me that if i want to ring them from Australia and talk to them, they can work this out, even though they're not at fault. Well whats the point of that. In my profession, if I used half the excuses they did I'd be unemployed right now, yet they can treat people poorly and get away with it. I was told by another guest that a staff member actually mocked them for being wrestling fans. Well us wrestling fans who stayed there over Wrestlemania weekend poured thousands of dollars into your hotel, so the least you could do is show some common courtesy. What a joke.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Greg C

Hello Greg C,

I apologize for all the challenges you had while visiting us recently but thank you for giving us this review so we can address all of your concerns.

First and foremost we would like to apologize for any unpleasant experiences you had with our Staff and Management during your stay and the ongoing frustration when arriving home.

I would like to arrange a time to speak with you directly to discuss all of your concerns and offer you some options that will help resolve the matter. Please contact me directly at (joseph.giordano@ Sheraton.com).

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I would like to especially mention the great service I received from ALEX OLPINDO at the front desk. I arrived late on a Friday night and was exhausted from flying all day and I told Alex this. Alex worked quietly and quickly and before I knew it, I had been checked in and on my way to the room!

Loved the location of this hotel. Close to shopping, restaurants, Times Square.
I'm a repeat customer, I've stayed here before on business.

Room Tip: Choose room on higher floors, good views of the city, very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review. There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! Your kind words regarding the service of our Staff are greatly appreciated. It is so wonderful to hear that Alex was able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your view from your room. It is great our location provides views of the Central Park, Times Square and also great access to shopping it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the city. We look forward to your next visit!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Found this hotel to be long in the tooth, short in service and short in cleanliness. The room was dirty. There was a green gum stain on the carpet. The vents over the shower were filthy so each time I looked up to wash my hair or face, I was staring into a dirty vent that clearly hadn't been cleaned in ages. The mattresses were also awful. They were old and bouncy so it felt like I was on a waterbed. Each time I would roll or move I would then feel my body bounce up and down 3 or 4 times (and I only weight 150 lbs.) When I went to the front desk for assistance, I was taken aback at the lack of smiles or sincere friendliness. I am originally from NY so it's not like I don't understand that NY is a busy place, but still most people are friendly. Not so here...

The club lounge is OK. Breakfast is standard with breads, coffee and fruit. It was super busy and very loud though which made it a stressful way to start my day. There were multiple television sets set to different channels which I found off-putting. Who wants all that noise blaring at them?

Between the bad mattresses, dirty rooms and lackluster service, I will not be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank LA-Business-Traveler

First, I want to deeply apologize for the impression you had as you left our hotel. We value every guest who stays with us and want you to feel welcome and comfortable in our property. We are communicating with the departments that you came in contact with to improve this impression. We aim to provide exceptional guest service and exceed your expectations. It is our goal that every guest’s journey with us leaves them feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. I see this was not your experience and I agree with your view of the level of service you have received.

I would like to personally talk to you so together we can come up with a solution. It would be my pleasure to show you how much you are valued as a guest. Please feel free to contact me directly at (joseph.giordano@sheraton.com) so that we can look further into your experience.