Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$207
US$199
US$287
US$208
InterContinental
US$149
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$169
  • Bar/Lounge
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$227
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$155
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$134
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$228
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$109
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

Conrad New York(New York City)
US$654
US$602
11,572 results
All reviewsbull and bearpeacock alleyiconic hotelpark avenuenew yorkart decoroom servicebeautiful lobbyan upgradechrysler buildingone bedroom suitecorner roomgrand central stationtimes squareoscarsnycluxury
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Stayed from 8/9 until 12/9. Yes its old and dusty. Rooms have furniture from a bygone age..but what the hell..we're in New York and won't be spending time in them. All was good until departure morning. The hotel had a conference on with a huge amount of delegates. I had been for breakfast and joined a line for the lifts. After a twenty minute wait I walked into the lift..to feel a hand grab me pull me back..I was told I couldn't get in the lift as it was a private one...this was the same lift that took me and family to our room for the past three days..I tried again to enter the lift and was thrown violently into a line of delegates. To try and explain the shock I felt is hard..I went to the concierge desk to ask for help and was fobbed off. I'm afraid it took a lot of shouting to get action..which meant being taken in the goods lift to my room. I called the hotel manager to complain, it took an hour and a half for a return call, his reply to my complaint was to offer an upgrade to the Waldorf Towers next time I returned. I was really angry and humiliated by his response. I paid a huge amount of money to stay at this hotel and I didn't get what was promised on paper. Never, never again. This hotel couldn't care less about their guests. Its a glorified function suite that just wants conferences.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Johnduncanopera
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Beautiful room, well decorated, in the tower. I wish i had the time to take the guided tour. This is a historic building and if the wall could talk the stories they could tell. The furnishings may look dated to someone expecting contemporary chic. My room had a large flat screen tv set on an elegant 1920's style sideboard. Beautiful marble floors at the entrance to the suite. The gold fixtures in the bathroom do look dated to modern eyes but they also look very good in the period furnishings of the suite. Loved staying there and would return anytime. Service was excellent; very accommodating and very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank LewM
Reviewed 22 September 2011

The central lobby is beautiful art-deco style. But the room was a bit disappointing: small, with 2 queensize beds close together. And it needed painting and redecorating very much. But also the curtains were very dirty. A bit of dry cleaning is not too expensive for the Waldorf, is it? Not chic: use of wifi will cost you 20 dollar a day!
But the staff was very friendly and helpful. We felt very welcome.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside are quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank julaHolland
Reviewed 22 September 2011

From the moment we arrived, we were disappointed in the decor and service. We were driven in a back door where our luggage was placed with bundles of other luggage that looked like they had been tossed there. At the check in counter, there was a line of about 20 people and took around 40 minutes to be served. We had arrived an hour early and mistakenly thought we may have our room ready. We were told to come back at the correct time and again, lined up for over half hour to be given our key.

The room was old and furniture scratched. The power point situation was a workplace health and safety nightmare. One power point with a double adaptor with 2 separate powerboards attached containing the TV, clock radio, and internet connections etc etc. Our internet connection never worked and we were told that is usual in New York. You would think that a Hotel like the Waldorf would have state of the art technology in the rooms.

Our room was on the 6th floor and overlooked the street. It was very noisy and you could hear the street cleaners and people all night.

On the last night, my husband cut his foot badly on glass that was in the carpet. We had not broken anything so shows that the vacuuming isn't up to scratch and how long had the glass been there. We were offered a free night to be used in the next 12 months for this misfortune but advised them that it's not like we are in New York every year!!!!

The staff are not as friendly and welcoming as many other USA hotels we stayed in during out holiday. As it was my husband's 50th birthday celebration holiday, I had specifically booked the 3 nights at this hotel as a present and surprise and to fulfil my "bucket list" wish.

The only redeeming feature of the hotel was the location - easy walking distance to the city centre, Rockafeller Square and bus lines.

I was so disappointed in the Hotel seeing it was a gift/surprise. Would never stay in the Waldorf again and do not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Just don't stay there.
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philjulie
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We were given a room with what seemed to be two large twin sized beds. I would be shocked to learn that they were actually full size beds. They couldn't get us in a room with just one queen or king bed so we had to either sleep cramped together or in separate beds. Not what we had in mind for a romantice getaway. Next the carpet, chairs, and bedding cried late 80's decor. Extremely outdated. I can't understand why the furnishings would be so old with the kind of prices that they command per night. If I had looked at pictures of the room without knowing that it was the Waldorf, I would swear it was some old Ramada Inn. I would never stay at this hotel again. The location was great but that didn't really make up for the lousy room.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a reservation with the bed size that you want. And ask what the view is before you commit. We were treated to windows that opened to walls.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple