Waldorf Astoria New York
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$169
US$170
US$149
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$176/night.

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$123
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$105
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

US$240
US$190
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$218/night.

NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$133
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$116
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

Holiday Inn Manhattan - Financial District(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$118
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Bar/Lounge
Conrad New York(New York City)
US$401
US$374
Conrad.com
11,573 results
All reviewsbull and bearpeacock alleyiconic hotelpark avenuenew yorkart decoroom servicebeautiful lobbyan upgradechrysler buildingone bedroom suitecorner roomgrand central stationrockefeller centertimes squareoscarsnyc
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We spent 5 nights here for our anniversary trip to NYC. The hotel is an old building with what some might describe as dated decor, however, this just adds to the charm. We upgraded to a suite (500R) and we were really pleased with the accommodation. High ceilings, loads of space, yet modern plasma TV in both the bedroom and sitting room, although we hardly watched TV as there is so much to do in NYC.
What sets the hotel apart though is the service, especially the breakfast team, who can't do enough for you and are always around to top up water, orange, coffee etc.
The location is brilliant as well, only a couple of blocks from 5th Avenue and there are copious restaurants and bars within easy walking distance.
Would definitely return to NYC and will probably book the Waldorf again as we really enjoyed the whole experience.

Room Tip: The rooms to the back of the hotel may be quieter, street noise though in an busy city centre has to be expected.
1  Thank SKSAL
Reviewed 29 December 2011

My second visit to the Waldorf Astoria in several years confirmed by initial impression; which is that the hotel is ultimately lacking. The building itself is a wonderful historical landmark and the foyer is a fascinating place to feel the history and just watch the ebb and flow of New York society. However as a place to stay the Waldorf falls short. The rooms have the same historical ambience and are acceptable. It must be hard to deal with the sheer volume of guests however the service, while courteous, lacks any sincerity. On both occasions I have felt that the staff are just too busy to provide the kind of service that most will expect from a hotel of the Waldorf's stature and reputation. Having stayed twice I feel no need to return.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brett044
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed at the Waldorf for two nights at the end of our trip after a longer stay in another New York hotel. There is no doubt that it is a beautiful property that is worth a visit, however, there is a constant feeling that the staff are only happy to serve you whilst they wait for someone more "important" to catch their attention. This was not the case in the other (more expensive) New York hotel that we stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ozmumwith12yrold
Reviewed 28 December 2011

What can i say about this luxury hotel it really was a holiday that we will never forget, the staff was amazing, any thing needed from room service to concierge (graham ) was our guy and he directed us to some top places to eat from Xmas day in a very good steak house Benjamins good menu and great wine. We had another fantastic meal at the bull and bear which is underneath the hotel and the service was second to none........I have read some reviews saying that its a little run down i just think for a hotel as old as it is its in great shape it is old but i think it adds to character truly a brilliant stay .......

Room Tip: i think most rooms where good just dont get one near an ice machine that would do my head in
1  Thank dannydappa
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We had booked this hotel on points. The day we checked in to the hotel, there was a 'city-mandated' water shut-off from 11 pm to 6 am. We were aware of this, so we came back to the hotel early that evening at 10 pm. I tried to take a shower then but both water faucets ran steaming hot water. I phoned the front desk and they told me someone would come up to check on it. They assured me someone would be there before 11 pm to get it fixed. No one came, so I phoned down around 10:45 and they said they'd phone me back. No one did. 11:30 came around and of course now the water was shut off, so I phoned to tell them to complain and tell them not to bother phone me any more (not that they were going to anyway). They did give me $50 credit on the room account, which we used at their restaurant for lunch the next day. I spoke to a manager that day and just told him to comp the meal (which was a tad more than $50). He was very apologetic and of course I understand that they had no control over the water shut off. The point was - if you're going to tell me you're going to do something - do it.

So... after that rant, I'd still like to say that the hotel itself is amazingly grand. The lobby, rooms, and well... everything about the place gives a sense of old-fashioned charm. It does, of course, still have the creature comforts that people demand nowadays, while retaining that old-world feel. Very very nice. If it weren't for the phone-tag fiasco, I would have rated this hotel higher, but because of it, I can't justify giving it more than 3/5.