Waldorf Astoria New York
Conrad New York(New York City)
US$262
US$236
Conrad.com
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$424/night.

Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$186
US$159
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$204/night.

US$269
US$256
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$170
  • Room Service
US$286
US$213
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$262/night.

Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$150
  • Fitness centre
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$142
Official Site
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$229
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Manhattan - Financial District(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$119
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$139
11,571 results
All reviewsbull and bearpeacock alleyiconic hotelpark avenuenew yorkart decoroom servicebeautiful lobbyan upgradechrysler buildingone bedroom suitecorner roomgrand central stationrockefeller centertimes squareoscarsnyc
Reviewed 6 February 2010

This was the second time I had stayed in the Waldorf and the first time for my husband and we were not disappointed. Our room was in the Tower and it was perfect. The service was excellent, nothing was too much trouble and we were made to feel very welcome and special. The location is fine for getting around.

We ate in the restaurants and one night in our room before an early onward flight the next morningand the food was very very good, not cheap but worth it. We will defiitely be returning as soon as we can.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2010

We have recently returned from our first time visit to New York. We booked the Waldorf Astoria expecting luxury and elegance. We were very disappointed. The check in on arrival took forever! The male receptionist was most unpleasant, he asked whether we required smoking or non smoking, we requested the non smoking, to which he replied "well you have been booked a smoking room". We told him we wanted non smoking and after approx 20 minutes of him tapping on his computer, he found us a room! On arriving in the room we were speechless, the room was very small with faded and old furnishings. The wallpaper behind the television was peeling, the carpet was faded, the blinds were fraying and torn, the window didn't close properly and the bathroom was tiny. The room backed on to the elevators so all we could hear were the lifts going up and down, day and night (very very noisy). when the lifts went quiet we then had to listen to the rattling of the heating/air conditioning. We were also surprised at the number of business men who were not staying at the hotel, but obviously used it as a meeting place to meet clients and hold meetings with their lap tops drinking coffee from starbucks in the paper cups,making it difficult for residents to find a place to sit! Would we return? No!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EnglandMissB
Reviewed 6 February 2010

Stayed here for my burthday using Hilton Hhonors points last year and, as one other reviewer aptly put it, it was a disappointment. The entrance is grand but the carpet not only looks like it is from the 70s but has all the stains to prove it, which I found kind of disgusting and not something I think should be tolerated at a luxury hotel. At the front desk I asked if it was possible to have an upgrade but no, according to the manager the hotel was completely booked. When I arrived at my room, it was very small and looked just like any other hotel room, I am extremely sad to say. A view of another building, and right next to the elevator. I assumed they saved the 'bad' rooms for Hilton Hhonors guests. The carpet had a horrendous moldy odor, and the light switch and doorbell were literally haning off the wall, which is at the least unsightly and at the most a fire hazard. When I called to complain they couldn't offer any solutions. The next morning I asked the concierge where I could get breakfast in the hotel and he informed me that the restaurant had closed. There was a huge breakfast buffet being set up in the lobby behind us. When I queried about that he looked at me dubiously and said, 'Yes but that breakfast is [XX amount] dollars". How insulting! I can't believe someone would actually say that in real life!

I have stayed many many places around the world, and at hotels I felt were much more luxurious - and much more well-kept - than the Waldorf. I do not plan on staying here again. Wish I had spent my points elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank NJFunTraveler
Reviewed 3 February 2010

Three friends and I stayed at the Waldorf for 3 nights midweek in January., having booked 2 rooms on the concierge floor. Price per rooms was AAA rate of $269 +tax. Upon check-in, we were upgraded to rooms in the Waldorf Towers--2 corner bedrooms with baths separated by a (private) hall with a living room. The bedrooms were enormous, especially by NYC standards. Baths had separate walk-in showers with good water pressure (even for the 32nd floor), deep tubs with gold fixtures, and a wide assortment of bath products (even dental floss!). The living room was huge, with a fireplace, large flat-screen TV, lots of magazines, sofa, easy chairs etc. Without exception, every staff member with whom we had contact, was gracious and accommodating. When we requested ice we were asked "Crushed or cubes or both?" There was nightly turn-down service. I can't understand past complaints on this site about the Astoria lounge continental breakfast (which is complimentary for concierge floor rooms), as we found it to be generous and delicious, from the fresh fruit with high-quality yogurt and granola, excellent pastries, hearty sliced ham, lox, cheeses, hard boiled eggs and bagels to the very good coffee. We did not eat other meals here, as there are so many other reasonably-priced excellent restaurants within walking distance. Note: the Starbucks down the street is less expensive than the one in the hotel.I take one star away for sleep quality as we could hear very clearly voices in the suite next to us--this is, after all, an older hotel. Traffic noise, however, was not an issue, perhaps because we were on a high floor. Views were spectacular, and of course, the location can't be beat.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2010

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Waldorf. As I am beginning my 50th year I wanted to celebrate in style. The staff was kind enough to upgrade me from the concierge level to a suite in the Towers. Our initial check in was smooth, however we had to change rooms as the room assigned strongly smelled of smoke which I could not tolerate. As a result of this we were again upgraded to a premiere suite which was amazing. The views were incredible from our floor. I did not find anyone who was discourteous. We were made to feel welcome from the outset. Every member of the staff we encountered were consumate professionals. Guests at the Towers seemed content with numerous "good mornings and good afternoons". The location was great and I loved telling the taxi drivers "Waldorf Towers" please! The seperate entrance for the Towers was very inviting, however we used the Astoria entrance most often. I believe the Waldorf Astoria is a must for travelers if possible. Based on my experience you won't regret it.

• Stayed: January 2010