“Excellent Lox and Bagel!”
Review of Murray's Bagels

Murray's Bagels
Ranked #38 of 399 Bakeries in New York City
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 20 December 2015

Busy place, which tells you its good. We both had the belly lox. The only way to go. My brother had it on a pumpernickel bagel with cream cheese and onion. I had it on a whole wheat bagel with cream cheese, cukes and tomato. Delicious! The coffee, though. I've had better.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

We worked in NYC for 22 years... and Murray's have always been our favs. Hand rolled, boiled and baked. The Cinnamon Raisin's are my go to bagel that I judge against all the rest... Murray's or otherwise. Toasted... with a smear of maple Raisin Walnut... there's none better. It's chewy... and the cream cheese just oozes out and gets on your fingers. Don't wipe the ooze off... lick it off. That's part of the treat.

My wife gets my second favorite... any kind with Murray's Veggie spread.

There are two locations... with exactly the same offerings, decor... and service. Yeah, they may be New Yorkers, but they're as friendly as you'll find. We went to the 242 8th Ave shop this time.

Note: their coffee is always fresh... always hot... and always good.

BTW, the good news... the subway is on the corner... so its not out of the way... as long as you have access to the subway.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

How long does it take just to explain a bagel menu to tourists who gave never been in a deli like this before? When we finally sorted out what we wanted, the bagels arrived quickly and were great. Just don't expect a smile.

Reviewed 7 December 2015 via mobile

I wasn't sure what to order from their board to to make a bagel of my own. They didn't seem to care or suggest anything at all. I waited over 15 mins for my bagel with no real apology plus they had run out of sauce for the bagel I had order I was not impressed. Yummy bagel but no atmosphere in the place nor real interest in customer service.

Reviewed 21 November 2015

One of the Best Bagels I've had so far! The Bagel breads seem fresh. The staff can be a little rude though!