2,613 results
All reviews upper west side museum of natural history central park amsterdam avenue nice martin new york columbia university attached restaurant great neighborhood subway line two blocks wonderful hotel business center coffee maker times square queen room hudson river
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

This was my quiet home away from home for a week. It was safe and clean. The lobby staff were very attentive. The cleaning staff was okay. Some days the garbage was not cleared away- but we were kept in Avada shampoo all week. The hotel is right across from a Duane Reade (part of Walgreens) so it was easy to keep stock in water, drinks, and snacks. It is one block from Broadway so it was a very easy walk to the subway.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank michelleboquist
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

This is a very pleasant hotel with smiley and friendly staff. It has a traditional style that is well maintained- it’s clean and very smart. The beds are comfy and having visited once in the snow and then this week I can confirm both the heating and air con in the rooms are great. There is a little safe and an iron and ironing board in the closet, the shower works well, plenty of storage. Aveda toiletries are regularly replaced.

The location is very nice! It’s close to Central Park and the very close metro is 79th St on the 1 line. If you walk left around the side of the building onto Amsterdam there are loads of bars and restaurants. Also shops- this is all independent it’s not chain stores or food. Super cute little shop for gifts called Magpie. DELICIOUS pancakes at Good Enough to Eat.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I usually prefer new modern hotels as they feel clean and fresh. The Lucerne is very old fashioned with a lovely staff. They have a little cart of wine they serve in the lobby from 4-5.
The room was small but seemed quiet and the bathroom clean even if it was dated.
I was about to give the hotel 4 stars until a crying baby in the room above and the noisy air conditioner kept me up all night. Usually prewar buildings are a bit thicker between the walls and floors. Also one elevator was broken for the two nights we stayed. It was quite a long wait for the elevator as there are
12 floors. All guests seemed cheerful non the less.
Again the staff couldn’t be nicer and it’s a great location.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Parisjfk
Reviewed 5 August 2018

This hotel was quiet and very comfortable. I had a queen room which had two double beds in it. There was an iron, ironing board, a small hairdryer (not the best) and a safe in the room. There was comfortable desk to work at if anyone is here on business and the wi-fi is good. There was no mini-bar. It is walking distance to the subway on Broadway. We were also walking distance to the Natural History Museum. We received a complementary 15% off breakfast at the restaurant next door and the food there was great. Plenty of breakfast options. There was also lots of lovely little cafe's and restaurants nearby when you walk down Broadway. Overall a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2018

I have only one gripe about this place. I contacted them a few days before our arrival requesting that my friend and I be located on the same floor, this was not done but as my friend and I were happy with our rooms we did not take up the option to be relocated the next day. The hotel has a lovely old world charm which can be experienced first hand every time you use the elevators. The reception staff were lovely and helpful even sending a bottle of wine to my room for my birthday. The room was clean and having requested a quiet room I was given just that at the back of the hotel on the 8th floor. The area itself is quite far uptown but very close to Central Park and to the Natural History Museum. There are lots of lovely restaurants and coffee places if you go one block uptown. The subway station is right on your doorstep though don't forget to choose the entrance on the correct side of the street depending on whether you are going uptown or downtown. If you want a peaceful location close to public transport then this is the hotel for you.

Room tip: Rooms at the back up high are quiet
Date of stay: May 2018