6,464 results
All reviews upper west side central park red farm serafina restaurant great location beacon theater new york museum of natural history lobby bar lincoln center two blocks comfortable bed brick wall hudson river nyc hotel subway station rooms are small
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Love the hotel, and the bar is fantastic, cozy and open to the street. The rooms are lovely, and beautifully furnished. The proximity to Lincoln Center and great restaurants and museums
I just wish they had a rewards program! I travel frequently, often staying in the same hotel when I travel abroad, and a rewards program can definitely tip the scales when it comes to choosing where I can stay. I wish that NYLO would do the same!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Connie W, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear krolands,

I'm thrilled that you loved your stay at NYLO. Happy you found your room to be lovely and that you enjoyed spending time at LOCL. Pleased that our location was a great fit as well. We would love to have the chance to welcome you back and earn your loyalty.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Fourth of July vacation room was clean. Wanted to charge for drinks that was complementary. We Requested a fridge. Never got it. Terrace is not all that. Food area is closed to early. We never got to enjoy the bar.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Connie W, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Chayil R,

As a boutique hotel, all of our rooms are a little different, even within the same category. If a bigger room is a priority for your next visit, please let us know when you book and we'll do our best to make it happen. I'm very sorry that the mini-fridge never got delivered, and that you didn't have a chance to enjoy LOCL. I hope you'll give us another try so we can to make this up to you.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

The hotel was perfectly located to go to shows and visit Columbia University. The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable for my family of four. My only complaint was the noise from outside. I have stayed in busier locations in NYC where the outside noise was faint and did not disturb sleep. At NYLO, I was awoken several times each night of our stay by emergency vehicle sirens. We were on the 10th floor; I can imagine the noise on the lower floors would be even worse. NYLO- replace your windows with soundproof glass!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear doc2home,

Great to hear that our location was perfect for your stay. Pleased that your room was comfortable for the whole family. I am sorry though about the noise disturbances. If during your next trip a quieter room is a priority, let us know when you book and we'll do our best to get you one. We hope you'll be back for another stay sometime soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Great hotel making you feel like you are a local living in Upper West Side. Close to Subway station at 79th St and nice, friendly safe neighbourhood. Great option if travelling with kids. Staff really friendly and helpful. Italian restaurant in Hotel has great food too.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear thomaskapferer,

We want all of our guests to become members of the community, so I'm pleased to hear that you felt like an Upper West Side local while you were here. Happy that the neighborhood was a great choice for your family. We hope to have the chance to welcome you all back again.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Pros: The lobby and bar have a nice atmosphere; the nonrefundable rates were a good deal for New York City; the room (junior suite 2 queen) was clean and fairly spacious; the beds were very comfortable; we enjoyed the location, close to Beacon Theater and Central Park; and the hotel staff was lovely and very helpful.

Cons: Our room (#405) looked into a concrete wall, so the room appeared dark and closed off; the sofa mattress (that we had planned to use) was so uncomfortable that it was unusable; and the "urban" fee of $35 per night on top of rates and taxes is excessive.

Room Tip: Make sure to avoid rooms that face the wall of the adjoining building.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Dear AD3863,

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at NYLO. Pleased that your room had enough space to relax and that you liked the atmosphere of our lobby area. We appreciate your feedback on our Urban Fee. Our goal is to consolidate fees many hotels list separately to streamline the check out process. We do hope you'll return, and if you do, please let us know when you book that an exterior view is a priority and we'll do out best to make it happen.