“Nice place, nice location, nice people!”

Fitzpatrick Grand Central
Ranked #47 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We stayed in the Fitzpatrick’s Grand Central for one week in August. Arriving from JFK airport, the coach dropped us at the Grand Central station just 2 blocks away from the hotel. The location of the hotel was fantastic to make the most of New-York. The staff members were very nice and we got a warm welcome. The concierges were very helpful and friendly when we needed information about NY. Our bedroom was spotless and freshly cleaned every day. The hotel is surrounded by a great variety of breakfast places which was so handy. Every Monday a barbecue was organized during happy hours, the burger was my favorite accompanied with a pint of Guinness from the Wheeltapper Pub. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in NY, in the heart of Manhattan.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
PatrickLeyden, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Robin B,

Thank you for staying at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and for taking the time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our weeky barbeque on the Patio, its a great event and the patio is a great place to relax.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and I do hope it won’t be too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,323)

Reviewed 31 August 2012

I have recently made two business trips to New York and have stayed at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central on both occasions. The hotel is located in a very central location and is a walk or short cab ride away from many different attractions and restaurants. The staff at the hotel is friendly and courteous and was receptive to my needs. The rooms, lobby and lounge areas were very clean and comfortable. The concierge's, Greg, Mike and Garfield, were always extremely helpful with our bags or hailing cabs and Marilyn was very knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with at the desk.
I also had the chance to eat at the Wheel Tapper, a restaurant attached to the Fitzpatrick, for dinner. The food and ambiance were both very good and service was quick.

I would highly recommend the Fitzpatrick Grand Central for business purposes or a family trip to NYC.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
PatrickLeyden, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2012

Dear Lee G,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your very kind comments about the hotel and the service you received. Thank you for mentioning Greg, Mike Garfield and Marilyn by name.

Thank you for choosing the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and I do hope it will not be too long before you return to the hotel, when I hope to have the opportunity to meet you in person.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

The hotel was booked through a travel agent rather than directly but proved to be an excellent choice. The staff were very friendly, helpful and considerate. My luggage was left off my flight into New York and the hotel did everything in their power to assist me with resolving the problem. The room was very comfortable and reasonably large and the bathroom as one would wish. Situated opposite Grand Central Station on the corner of 44th St and Lexington it is perfectly placed for Subway lines 4, 5, 6 & 7 and connections to 1, 2, 3 & N. R. Q lines at Times Sq & 8th Avenue as well as being close to a number of attractions, all within walking distance.They have the Wheeltappers Pub adjacent where I enjoyed an excellent breakfast and there is access to a Gym, which I did not use. I would have no hesitation in recommending them and will definitely stay there again on my next visit to New York.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank David B

Dear KROOPAK,

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Nice old hotel. The rooms were small (more like "european" standard), I had problems with a somewhat worne out air conditioner in my room, but staff were helpful getting it going a couple of times. Reception may have been more friendly and aware towards the guests in general. We had a nice meeting room with good space for up to 12 people. The breakfast restaurant (used as Irish pub during day/evenings) served OK breakfast.
There were no fitness center at the hotel, but available reservation a couple of blocks from the hotel.

Dear Eseter,

Reviewed 29 August 2012

This is one of the best places to stay in while in NY. The people are great from Marilyn at the front dest who goes out of her way to always help you. To Greg, Mike and Garfield who always are there to help. The location is great, and the rooms are nicer then the Grand Hyatt and less expensive. You can no go wrong here.

Dear Ryan P

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your very kind comments about the hotel and the service you received. I appreciate you taking the time to mention Greg, Mike and Garfiled.