“Great hotel”

Fitzpatrick Grand Central
Ranked #44 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Highly recommend this hotel. We have sent my in-laws twice for their anniversary. Great location, very nice service and very affordable for what you are getting. Rooms are a nice size compared to similar hotels.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnsenEC
PatrickLeyden, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear HandKj,

Thank you for staying at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and for taking the time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay that you have referred your in laws to hotel.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and I do hope it won’t be too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,366)

Reviewed 26 December 2012

We stayed here for my husband's 50th birthday and just could not fault it. Excellent service from start to finish and we would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in New York. It's central location made it an ideal base. Rooms were a really good size, there was even a coffee maker which was great. The Wheeltapper bar and restaurant were excellent. Having this hotel for a base was ideal and helped to make our week even more special.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennie G

Dear Jennie G,

I am happy to read that you chose us for a special occasion, your husbands 50th birthday. I see that the stay was thoroughly enjoyed.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

Stayed here in November, lovely hotel, really nice decor in room really clean. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Food in wheeltapper was really nice my only complaint was that the portions were too big!!!! Great place to stay in New York and really central, highly recommend

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Alison D

Dear Alison D,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your very kind comments about the hotel and the service you received.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

Stayed here this week - just one night - room was very small for a queen room. Air con was incredibly noisy and empty mini bar inside in a large dresser reverberated all night on and off. I couldn't switch it off.

On the other hand - what will definitely bring me back to this hotel is the staff. The receptionist - a lovely Irish girl on a one year work visa made the difference to my stay. She was the star of the show when I needed some help - kind, helpful, poised - so well done Fitzpatrick's for recruiting quality staff. I will stay again.

Room Tip: Maybe ask about the room first - I will in future.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Gourmand60

Dear Eileen O,

I apologise for the noise issues you had in the room but am happy to see that your found the staff to be helpful and poised.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

I was a guest at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central Dec 8-11, 2012. This was my third visit to this hotel and my stay was perfect. Location, Location, Location at 44th Street and Lexington Ave, just steps away from Grand Central Terminal. I first learned of this Hotel via a recommendation from a friends husband who was in the Hotel business. I found the Staff friendly and helpful upon check-in. The room was clean, comfortable and of a good size for a NYC Hotel. The Fitzpatrick supplies complimentary robes during your stay, a nice touch, and they have nightly turn down service. Yes, a mint on the pillow and Saratoga bottled water at the bedside. Turn down service must be requested. I had a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: I first stayed at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central when I was a resident of Connecticut. The Hotel is...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank lionheart65

Dear lionheart65,

I am very happy to read that you have stayed with us numerous times and that you find the staff to be helpful and friendly.