“Solid Korean food but the service is lacking”
Review of Seoul Restaurant

Seoul Restaurant
Ranked #206 of 1,647 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

I am a regular at SEOUL as I miss my great Korean restaurants from New York. The food here is authentic and taste really good! This is the best Korean in El Paso! This said the place is not known for its services. One year ago the restaurant changed ownership but the food remains very good. We do miss the gregarious personality of Mr. Wilson though!

I typically go there with my family after grocery shopping next door. I enjoy their Banchan--numerous side Korean dishes that offers a large variety of Kimchi sides. Check the Yukaejang a spicy beef soup, with veggies. Their Korean BBQ Short Ribs -- "Kalbi" is also quite good . The Bibimbap is also very close to the original taste. We never miss the Seafood pancake as well as which is delicious. We also order the Jap Chae which is made of sweet potato noodles stir fried in sesame oil with vegetables.

Unfortunately the service is slow and you need to arm yourself with patience. There is only one lady who takes care for the entire restaurant. The place is also not always the cleanest. So I typically clean our table.

The portions are generous and you can box all the leftovers to further enjoy the food at home. So this is still the best Korean in town but they should focus on cleanliness and the service.

2  Thank Patrick D

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

Very good spicy Korean pork, the kimchi is very good especially the potatoes, fish, and noodles. The specials are very good. All freshly cooked.

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

So my girl friend invited me for lunch and she really wanted me to try this place.
Once there I was not sure if the place was just neglected on purpose or they were going for the 70's look.. Once we order which is no easy task due to the AMAZING staff (being sarcastic) we manage to order.. I cannot tell you what the order was since my girl friend decided and honestly all the dishes she ordered were uneventful and lacked or anything even taste... what I can say is that the side dishes, apparently you get a lot were extremely good. When the bill came it was hard to flag down the one person I can see in the restaurant and there was only another table and they were mad also... So my experience was bad, really bad.. hopefully I can stop by again and the food and service is better..

2  Thank hbdes
Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

I happened by Seoul, for lunch. The decor is nice. I waited at the door for a very long time before someone came out to greet and seat me.
I was torn between Bul go ki or Duk Guk. I asked which was more flavorful. She replied, "they are different things!" And walked off.
The Bul go ki was dry and light in flavor. The sides were varied. Though the waitress was attentive and talkative to other tables, I was pretty much ignored. It was difficult getting more Boricha (tea). Over all, it was a totally disappointing experience! Even paying the bill was an unwelcomed experience. If one is desperate, for some type of Korean food, it would offer some solution. It is some what pricey. $15 for a single order. See picture.

2  Thank knightofrain
Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

I stop by this restaurant on the way to go to Tucson. Even though the outside of the restaurant does not look fancy, the Bibimbob that I order was great and the vegetables were fresh. It is really heathy food. Many side dishes provided. The owner was very friend. Her accent may seems unfriendly, but it is her style and I can feel that she is very informal, but very kind. I recommend this restaurant if you like healthy food.