“Seoul is on the sea, but this restaurant is far from the sea!”
Review of Seoul Restaurant

Seoul Restaurant
Ranked #151 of 1,619 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I found this eatery was understaffed, both by servers and in the food prep/kitchen. Regardless, it is very popular with locals, including me and my wife. The meals, once served, are delicious and tasty although my squid dish was a bit rubbery. I made the mistake of ordering seafood, which I know cannot possibly be completely fresh as El PasoTX-USA is at least 700 miles/1140kms from the ocean, East or West.
However, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful, and there are numerous separate vegetable servings—a definite plus among the restaurants here.
We will return, but will time it so there is not such a lengthy wait for the meals.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

The "relish tray" was very good. Nice variety and I liked it all (about 12 small dishes of items). The waitress was very nice and helped me pick out an entrée. The "shredded beef" was bland, could have benefitted from a sauce. Sticky noodles, vegetables, beef.

This place lacks atmosphere and looks like a total dive from the outside. But I am glad I stopped in and would go again.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

I am a regular at SEOUL as I miss my great Korean restaurants from New York. The food here is authentic and taste really good! This is the best Korean in El Paso! This said the place is not known for its services. One year ago the restaurant changed ownership but the food remains very good. We do miss the gregarious personality of Mr. Wilson though!

I typically go there with my family after grocery shopping next door. I enjoy their Banchan--numerous side Korean dishes that offers a large variety of Kimchi sides. Check the Yukaejang a spicy beef soup, with veggies. Their Korean BBQ Short Ribs -- "Kalbi" is also quite good . The Bibimbap is also very close to the original taste. We never miss the Seafood pancake as well as which is delicious. We also order the Jap Chae which is made of sweet potato noodles stir fried in sesame oil with vegetables.

Unfortunately the service is slow and you need to arm yourself with patience. There is only one lady who takes care for the entire restaurant. The place is also not always the cleanest. So I typically clean our table.

The portions are generous and you can box all the leftovers to further enjoy the food at home. So this is still the best Korean in town but they should focus on cleanliness and the service.

2  Thank Patrick D
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

Very good spicy Korean pork, the kimchi is very good especially the potatoes, fish, and noodles. The specials are very good. All freshly cooked.

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

So my girl friend invited me for lunch and she really wanted me to try this place.
Once there I was not sure if the place was just neglected on purpose or they were going for the 70's look.. Once we order which is no easy task due to the AMAZING staff (being sarcastic) we manage to order.. I cannot tell you what the order was since my girl friend decided and honestly all the dishes she ordered were uneventful and lacked or anything even taste... what I can say is that the side dishes, apparently you get a lot were extremely good. When the bill came it was hard to flag down the one person I can see in the restaurant and there was only another table and they were mad also... So my experience was bad, really bad.. hopefully I can stop by again and the food and service is better..

2  Thank hbdes