“Never again”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #963 of 1,628 Restaurants in El Paso
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We went to the Applebee's on Resler, in El Paso. It was a Friday night, the place was crowded, a couple of birthday parties and large groups were in the restaurant that night. We were seated in a nice booth with out waiting.
Our server was brand new to the job. She was unfamiliar with the food and cocktail menus. It looked like she was thrown out on the floor with minimal training.
I ordered the grilled chicken breast and rib special with French fries and a salad. I wanted the ribs with the rub and sauce on the side. I also asked for the house Margarita and a large glass of water. My husband had the appetizer sampler and raspberry lemonade.
My chicken was overcooked and dry. The ribs were cold and smothered in a sticky overly sweet ketchupy bbq sauce. The French fries were hot and crisp. My husband's sampler was very salty. He couldn't finish it. The restaurant was very busy and we were afraid we would wait for a long time if we sent the food back. After a half hour the manager came buy to ask about our dining experience. I asked him if the ribs were pre-cooked and then reheated on the grill. He said yes. He offered to replace our meals. We declined.
We wanted to leave.
My Cæsar salad was good. The French fries were perfectly cooked and hot. My Margarita was served in a cocktail shaker with a martini glass with a salted rim. It was not too sweet and a generous sized drink.
The poor service was not our server's fault. She was untrained and left alone in a busy section. Applebee's does expedite their food, but it seemed like the grill cook did not care about what went on the plates.
Applebee's is a family casual dining place. It offers special seasonal menus. Most of the food is deep fried or precooked and reheated on a grill. We eat there when we want a quick burger and a cocktail or beer. It's a popular place. Would I dine there again? No. Maybe we got a bad night, but I felt like nobody cared about customer service. I won't give any Applebee's a try.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Love their blonde brownie w nuts and some kind of white sauce. This dish is the crowd favorite. I had hot tea while the others had beers. The waitress was friendly but was tough to find to pay our bill.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

So service is service... although they like to speak to their friends.... All of the time. Had enchiladas and rice, unfortunately the rice is boil in the bag and they left the bag on the plate ! Seriously ! Fries for the kids were lukewarm. It's a shame that the chains cannot hold it together, I fear that this will end up going to the dogs like chillis! Overall rating . Absolutely crap. Stay away and let the place shut down. It's a shame to say that but they really didn't care less when told about the paper in the rice..... Bye bye and lock the doors.

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

Recently with menu change portions smaller for same or higher prices, not what it use to be.... I.e. Thai shrimp salad was about a half serving on a bigger plate for $11

Reviewed 6 December 2015

It was a busy Friday night here, but after our experience it's a sad reality of the American food craze. We didn't have to wait long for a table, and service was prompt. The food was very average and just your typical American food menu. It was my first time eating at Applebee's, but wouldn't eat here again. I also felt like we were rushed to leave by our server. If you have simple tastes, this place is for you!