“Great service, okay burger”
Review of A J's Diner

A J's Diner
Ranked #575 of 1,623 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Been passing by here for years and decided to go for lunch with the children. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Service was top notch. The burgers were okay, I’m not a fan of flat top cooked burgers. Get the curly fries instead of the regular fries. The regular fries have a crust on them that I did not like. My children got the curly fries, so I ate those instead. They have $5 burgers in Tuesdays.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

My daughter liked her food, but it was clearly just frozen chicken strips and fries dumped in a deep fryer. My wife and I both had burger, and they were just plain nasty. It didn't taste fresh. The "chili con queso" that came with my burger looked like vomit...and kinda tasted that way. It kind of turns my stomach to think about it. The waitress was nice, so we paid, tipped, and got the hell out of there. I don't won't be back.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for an early lunch. Granted the place had just opened for the day. I had the foot long hot dog which was two dogs in one bun, over cooked, onion rings were ok. She had the chef salad which was average at best. Service was slow too, but friendly. Won't be back.

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

My husband take me to AJs since I never went there , I was recent move to El Paso . We went like at the afternoon, personnel very friendly it felted like these good old time restaurants with good music and a good family, friend and could to hang out. We both got hamburgers and nacho appetizers, is the best thing I tried , with lots of flavors .

Reviewed 18 January 2017

If you love the feel of a 1950's diner, this is your place. From icecream to burgers. You'll love it.