“A slice of France in Ventura!”
Review of Cafe Ficelle

Cafe Ficelle
Ranked #71 of 446 Restaurants in Ventura
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Description: Cafe Ficelle is Ventura's County’s premier bakery and cafe.
Description: Cafe Ficelle is Ventura's County’s premier bakery and cafe.
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Just got back from France two weeks ago and have been craving a great croissant and baguette. Friend told me about Cafe Ficelle and it is better than most of the places I ate while over there. Great decor and ambiance along with delicious croissants. Really enjoyed my lamb sandwich on a fresh baguette. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

This place is a gem in Ventura. Near the mall and medical providers. It's walk up and order, but great selection and service. Reasonably priced and well prepared!

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Big production, bigger prices, but stumbles on organization, staff, and expectations. Their signature breakfast namesake. ficelle, was tough, bordering on stale, and came without butter or jam. You have to ask. Will try again for crossaint but not in a rush, very disappointed.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

The new cafe is already very busy. Food is ordered at the counter and then if you are eating at the cafe, a number on a stick is given and you find space at a table indoors or out to eat. I ordered a delicious Caprese on a baguette sandwich. The baguettes are made in the cafe's bakery and are deliciously fresh. One of my friends had the salad with yummy-looking roast beef sliced on top and a balsamic dressing that looked really good. I had a latte that was also very good. It was a little noisy, especially when a baby started to fuss, but otherwise my friends and I had a good chat along with our nice food. We also tried some of the colorful macarons that were very good. I can hardly wait to go back and try some of the other items on the menu!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

A friend was excited to try Cafe Ficelle after hearing good reviews. We went for lunch and ordered salads which were very good. We asked if bread came with the salads (they start at $11.00) and were told that we would have to order a loaf of bread if we wanted bread. We bought an epi and had a couple of pieces of that with our salads. My friend returned to the counter to order a dessert and latte. She asked if someone could bring the latte to our table and was told, "no". My friend is 72 and has had two shoulder replacements. She was nervous about walking across the crowded room with a mug full of coffee and told me about it when she returned to our table. I can't believe that they would refuse to help someone, elderly or not, if help was requested. What about a mother with a new baby? How about someone in a wheelchair? I hope that this is not the cafe's official policy but we will not be going back. I'm sure this is a violation of the American's with Disabilities Act.