Lowest prices for your stay
US$229
US$214
PricelineUS$229
Marriott HotelsUS$229
Lol.travelUS$266
All reviews self park state park parking lot santa barbara fitness center nice property ventura beach parking fee front desk staff nice stay stayed one night walking distance to the beach lobby ocean pet coast highway
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2022

Anniversary weekend and a quick trip to Ventura for some time away. Saturday morning at 7:30am woke up to drilling, and a shop vac. Groggily thinking wow cleaning service is working early. 8:30am Drilling gets louder. 9am Band saw starts. I reach out to the front desk and they say they will take care of it. 9:15 it's still going and I reach out again, they say a manager is going to take care of it. Furious at 9:30am I open the front door to our room and hold the phone up so they can hear the band saw. Finally they send someone to stop the maintenance person.

When checking out I talked to the curt front desk manager (having worked service jobs I have a hard time getting too upset or yelling at them no matter how upset I am) She offered a rote apology , said they're going to take off the parking costs to the never secured parking lot, and add a few points, but nothing else. I mean if I wanted to wake up to 7am work being done on a Saturday I could've just stayed home.

When I suggested that in the future they don't book people near a room that needs maintenance they said well we weren't aware that work was being done. :(

So yeah, I don't recommend staying here.

Date of stay: August 2022
Ginavy Dutch, Guest Services / Front Office at Ventura Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2022

Dear Christopher_82555555,

I recognize your time is valuable and appreciate the feedback you have provided.

Receiving warm and friendly service from our staff sets the tone for a great stay. This was not your experience, and I sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations.

I have shared your feedback with the associates, and as a teachable moment, we have discussed our service standards and reviewed improvement opportunities in the service they provide. I am confident that these necessary steps will ensure
your experience is an isolated incident. I hope you choose to stay with us again, whenever your travels bring you back to the area.

Ginavy Dutch
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 29 July 2022 via mobile

When we arrive no valet parking or person to take luggage to room. Looking at the prices at least should have more employees. The expresso machine was broken at the bar. The rooms needed to be more vacuum and needed more towels for room. Too bad beach was three block away and pool was not big enough for amount of rooms. No security in parking the entrance and exit were opened all times

Room tip: Don’t have big expectations
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2022

We spent a weekend at the Ventura Marriott. It is a wonderful hotel in a great location. We have stayed at the hotel a couple times prior to this stay. The hotel is very nice. It is clean and modern. The check in was fast and efficient. The room was large and comfortable. The only downside to the room was that it was a bit too warm when we arrived and since it was west facing, it took almost all night for the room to cool down to an acceptable temperature.

The hotel is in a wonderful location. It is next to a state park / beach. The beach is never crowded. Additionally, it is a short walk down to a Vons Grocery Store in Marina Village and to a few restaurants on Seaward Boulevard. We walked to dinner at Spasso's. The hotel is a short drive from downtown Ventura, approximately 1.5 miles. There are more restaurants down there, too. One of the reasons we stayed at this hotel is because it close to the Cajun Kitchen in downtown Ventura, a wonderful restaurant for breakfast or lunch.

The state park / beach next to the property has a wonderful walking path through it. It was ideal for a morning run for me.

This hotel checks all of the boxes for us when we travel and we will stay here again.

Room tip: In the summer months, the west facing rooms may be hot due to the sun beating down.
1  Thank briancS6817MR
Reviewed 13 July 2022

Absolutely loved this hotel. We got upgraded to a suite and it was very nice. Our room was at the end of the hallway and the elevator across the hall from us was out of order so it was extremely quiet. There was a convention or something going on so hotel was full. We didn't hear a thing. Hotel staff was very courteous. Only thing I had a problem with was they didn't have complimentary breakfast. Restaurant was kind of expensive but when I looked at restaurants near there the price was comparable. It's just an expensive area. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 318kerit
Reviewed 25 June 2022

We stayed 2 nights , 6/20-21/22. Upon our arrivall at 6 pm, 4 police cars were busting several people in hancuffs on the street adjacent to the parking area on the side of the hotel. The area has a lot of old rvs , with a large homeless population. The young man at check in assured us the lot was secured and manned with security personnel, a lie. I came out to my truck the next morning an found 2 shirtless homeless yelling and fighting by my truck. The security gate to enter the lot had long been disabled and rusted in the open position. At $16 per nite parking on top of the $300 per nite monday tuesday rate was particularly infuriating. Almost everwhere you look there was litter all over the property, especially in the bushes and flower beds, and at the defucnt parking valet stand in the front lobby litter everywhere. The pool was filthy with all types of ##@! floating , wads of snot and hair. The food was horrible at breakfast and cost us $50. The one saving grace was the room was comfortable and decent, minus the loud drunk people yelling all nite in courtyard and pool area , with sound echoing in the enclosed center court yard . People running in and out of the lobby doors yelling in plain view and earshot of the front desk, with no objection from the staff. Anytime you left the room was a big disappointment. Over priced waste of money!

Date of stay: June 2022
1  Thank bruce b
Ginavy Dutch, Guest Services / Front Office at Ventura Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2022

Dear bruce b,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding this issue. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention. I will share your message with the leadership team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I appreciate you choosing to stay with us.

Regards,