“Delicious Food, Health Aware Chef and Lovely Service”
Review of Sawasdee Thai

Sawasdee Thai
Ranked #123 of 441 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 14 October 2016

I took a friend of mine out for her birthday dinner. She chose Sawasdee Thai becasue she had been there previously and enjoyed the meal very much. We both follow a plant-based diet for health reasons and asked several questions of the waitress and chef. They could not have been more patient and accommodating. They did everything we asked for including using less oil in the preparation, adding more vegetables and ordering brown rice instead of white. The food was served hot and was delicious. We we both grateful to the chef for his kindness and special care for our meals.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

This place by far has the friendliest servers I've met. They are very nice and attentive. I wish I can compliment their food as high as their service but their food is at par

Reviewed 20 March 2016

We had a delicious dinner there tonight. We recommend the Shrimp Cake as a starter and the Chicken Yellow Curry. The service was very good and pleasant décor and atmosphere.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

12 of us went for my birthday dinner. Not crowed at all, took the waiter 10 minutes to ask for our drink order. Took forever to get our meal. Once the meal was served, we could not get the waiter to come back to the table. We understood it when the check came, 18% tip included. I complained to the owner who just smiled and said thank you for coming.

Reviewed 13 October 2015 via mobile

I was overall impressed how well-decorated this restaurant was. I like the mural display that's on the wall next to the entrance/exit doors. Never, ever, in a Thai restaurant have I ever encountered the nicest, friendliest waitress I've ever experienced; I believe her name was Kammy. She was outstanding throughout my dining experience; always had a welcoming tone of voice, and a welcoming smile. She's great! Onto the food--I had their Thai Iced Tea and Chicken Fried Rice. The Thai Iced Tea was pretty good, they serve it as a slushed drink, which I don't mind at all. The Chicken Fried Rice was fresh and tasty; their entree had a different coloring (Orange-ish) than the traditional brown rice which I'm used to seeing. Regardless, it tasted great. They're located in a somewhat vacant shopping center, but is conspicuous when you're diving by. I recommend this place to all Thai food lovers; consider yourself fortunate, if Kammy's your server.

Been to Sawasdee Thai? Share your experiences!