“Really solid - Tastes like you made it at home. ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #149 of 450 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have driven by Dickey's countless times, and have remarked we should try it. Well, last night we did, and we are happy! We had a full rack of ribs, some chicken, and some really really good kielbasa! Portions were generous and the meat was delicious.

They are having trouble with their Internet and phone system, so ordering other than in person was not possible. Their outstanding customer service more than made up for this inconvenience. We will be back.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

My husband and I had a gift card from Xmas, so we got a family meal and brought it home. The lettuce on the caesar salad was brown, the pork ribs were over cooked, the green beans were good, the onion tanglers were good as they make them to order, and the brisket was good but a little dry. This meal would have cost us $50 plus tax but only cost us $15 because we had a gift card. Not worth even that much. Dickey's prices are going up and the quality of the food is going down and the appearance of the restaurant is really bad.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

We did carry-out here for nine people. Took a while to figure out the menu because their pre-set family deals weren't quite right for our crowd. But they were patient as we compiled our order. Green beans? Yes. BBQ beans? Yes. Fried Okra? You got it. Mac and Cheese? No problem. Pulled pork was tasty. We ended up with about $60 worth of food to carry out, and ended up with leftovers for the nine of us. Ooooh, don't pass up the FREE soft-serve ice cream machine. Self-service vanilla cones!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We use Dickeys all the time as a Plan B for dinner. Plan A we dont plan for dinner or dont feel like cooking Plan B we head to Dickeys. Brisket and pulled pork are staples for my family.

1  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed 2 October 2015

We have been meaning to try Dickey's for a very long time, but just never got over there. I happened to be in the area and decided to pick up some BBQ to give it a try. Honestly, my husband makes Great BBQ, but we were both very excited about Dickey's amazing food. We tried the ribs and Brisket, and the very nice young man added a slice or two of the chicken for us to try. Oh my! This was the most tender and juicy BBQ we have ever tried! There are two sauces, one sweet, but the regular is awesome! Even the sides were a pleasant surprise. A lot of BBQ can be dry, but this was anything but. Well worth the trip and very reasonable, especially with the generous portions. Bravo!.

2  Thank susan m