“Great Sushi in East Ventura”
Review of Kyoto Sushi

Kyoto Sushi
Ranked #153 of 450 Restaurants in Ventura
Reviewed 27 December 2017

Under new ownership and excellent. Really improved since the new owner took over and easy to recommend. Lot's of rolls, sushi and salad options. Friendly staff, good service and appropriate pricing. Not cheap buy not expensive. Enjoy.....

Reviewed 23 May 2017

There are very few Japanese restaurants I will go to, but Kyoto is always first on my list. Delicious offerings and very reasonable. I always get it to go, because in the town where I live, there is no Japanese sushi Restaurants, so Kyoto is always on my way home from Ventura.

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

I frequently go here by myself for lunch. The food is always super good. Although I wish they had a slightly better lunch special menu with more options, it's always tasty. But I end up ordering too much food cause I want little tastes of lots of different things.
Staff is friendly and helpful. Always patient with me while I take work calls. I like to sit up at the sushi bar and talk to the chef.
Pricing is good and I'm always happy after I eat here!

Reviewed 5 April 2016

Food was decent, fish wasn't the best but ok for lunch.
Had the amberjack and the number one roll. Both were ok.
It looks like the new sushi places in around the Ventura/Oxnard area making rolls that are very similar to the recipes from Anaba Sushi. maybe its just me...
I did give an average rating on service even though the hostess/waitress was very nice, she kept interrupting me during my meal. More than once. The price seemed pretty high too. so not sure if its the place for me.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

Tried since in area - disappointed - sushi is large but not all that great - was hoping for a sushi restaurant nearby

Been to Kyoto Sushi? Share your experiences!